Verified:

DeepThinker Game profile

Mar 27th 2023, 15:05:39

New player don't understand game, every day log in so who and how many times I been bent over. Guess that why it seems so hard to get new players. I sure won't be back. Adios

myerr21 Game profile

Mar 27th 2023, 15:28:30

dang, youre telling me you joined a 25 year old game and expected to be top tier immediately? Thats not very cash money of you.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

Tmac Game profile

Mar 27th 2023, 15:55:41

Who is good at anything when they first start? Try one of the clan servers where you'll get protection and learn how to play. This is the toughest server.

Rocky79 Game profile

Mar 27th 2023, 16:02:28

You’re not much of a deep thinker are you!

You’re the guy who decided he wanted to try swimming and went straight to jumping off a boat into the deep water in the ocean and expected to be able to swim right away without taking a few swimming lessons first

DeepThinker Game profile

Mar 27th 2023, 16:09:35

Originally posted by Rocky79:
You’re not much of a deep thinker are you!

You’re the guy who decided he wanted to try swimming and went straight to jumping off a boat into the deep water in the ocean and expected to be able to swim right away without taking a few swimming lessons first

DeepThinker Game profile

Mar 27th 2023, 16:13:34

Oops sorry with this double post really don't know what I am doing. No I guess you are right not thinking much, thought primary meant kinda start here. As to top tier no that not even a thought I was just trying to get out of bottom 5.

neversilence

Mar 27th 2023, 16:58:35

why not put your best effort in this set, let people farm you and see what you can learn. In the meantime, look into joining as mentioned any of the alliances servers to best learn and prepare for better rounds :) Also, I am sure if you have any general questions people will answer in the forum.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 27th 2023, 17:01:34

The biggest mistake I see from new peoples they don't specialize in something. We were prob all in ur spot at one time abt 20 years ago haha.

If you want to learn we have ppl that will help.

Cathankins Game profile

Mar 27th 2023, 17:02:02

Primary is very hard, you are walking into the lions den there. Maybe try and go play with one of the clans on alliance or practice on express. Express is very fun too it it is great for practice. If you go play with a clan they will teach you and share strategies.

Here, try this walk through. It should help you a massive amount to get started and figure things out a little.

https://www.earthempires.com/...-start-51485?t=1679431912

Cathankins Game profile

Mar 27th 2023, 17:05:41

When you do that tech start spend like 5 turns on warfare tech so you have missiles. That should help keep you be a little safer. Missiles scare most people away from breaking GDI because they do so much damage on big countries. A lot of missiles is maybe the best defense to prevent being farmed, besides being at the top anyways.

Rocky79 Game profile

Mar 28th 2023, 0:02:41

Tanks and spies are both scarier than missiles imo

But having an efficient country that is able to gain networth and stay in range is likely more important

Tmac Game profile

Mar 28th 2023, 1:04:50

The prob with tanks is that they aren't good at defending against grabs and you can lose a lot if you get farmed. Gdi will protect your missiles and spies, but not your tanks!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2023, 1:15:41

Ya the dollar/defensive point is usually not good for tanks vs turrets

BlackHole Game profile

Mar 28th 2023, 1:20:22

DeepThinker - if you're interested in learnign the game, my group, The Resistance, is full of a lot of new players and devote a lot of our time and energy to helping each other improve.

I think you'd have fun hanging out and learning with us. We play on basically all the servers, but play a lot on team/alliance together. Feel free to send me a message on discord - cuda#3424

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2023, 3:10:20

LOL ^

People still thinking BH is new......now he wants to teach the game he's supposed to be new at....SMH
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BlackHole Game profile

Mar 28th 2023, 10:29:07

KoHearts - I am new. And I'm not the only one that teaches. We all learn together, and have a great support system.

Well, I mean. I guess Im not that new anymore. I've been here about 4 months at this point.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2023, 13:42:30

KoH is just threatened you're going after his post count record =P

(just being facetious - KoH doesn't even see the post counts, as I think he's a mobile only player)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2023, 14:10:22

Originally posted by BlackHole:
KoHearts - I am new. And I'm not the only one that teaches. We all learn together, and have a great support system.

Well, I mean. I guess Im not that new anymore. I've been here about 4 months at this point.

I mean, you're having fun, you do you boo, i enjoy poking fun at you ;-)

Originally posted by Tertius:
KoH is just threatened you're going after his post count record =P

(just being facetious - KoH doesn't even see the post counts, as I think he's a mobile only player)

Where am I now? SpamKing lol
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DeepThinker Game profile

Mar 28th 2023, 15:26:25

Thank you all for your tips and advice, wasn't really expecting that. I'll give it another try on that express server, seems like a real cool game but lots to figure out. Thank you all.

Tmac Game profile

Mar 28th 2023, 15:34:51

There's a lot of helpful people here =)

I only play on my phone too, but if you turn it sideways you can see the post count.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2023, 16:07:47

Not for me - are you using the desktop version of the site (on your phone)?

Captain Control Game profile

Mar 28th 2023, 16:07:55

Play express, try every country strategy on the wiki page and expect to place mediocre rank 20-50 at best.
I throw away express sets just to learn different strategies and experiment. Once you find a strategy you enjoy, play it 3 or 4 weeks in a row to fine tune it. Place top 10. Rinse and repeat.

This community has plenty of experienced members willing to answer questions. Far more knowledgeable than me.

To get a general feel for the game, try playing these 3 different strategies in express. They all play differently.
Commie indy
Fascist farmer
Demo tech

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Ill get you hooked up with a great group of veteran players willing to teach you the ropes in Alliance & Team server.

Welcome to EE!
Look for the Greek Mythology references and bring a beer! 🍺

Rocky79 Game profile

Mar 28th 2023, 21:21:23

Play a rainbow it’s all the rage these days

Everyone loves a good rainbow

Edited By: Rocky79 on Mar 28th 2023, 23:22:09

neversilence

Mar 28th 2023, 21:23:17

lol

Cathankins Game profile

Mar 28th 2023, 22:29:01

Originally posted by DeepThinker:
Thank you all for your tips and advice, wasn't really expecting that. I'll give it another try on that express server, seems like a real cool game but lots to figure out. Thank you all.

Welcome to the club, the guys here are great. They fight among each other but it’s a big fam. It is cool. Blow of some steam and make a few friends. It is a unique game.

Watch out for this dubious character named Superfly though. Think of him as this troll that you will meet who will jump out from under a bridge and bludgeon you. Its something we all went through. Your official once that happens.

Snoopdawg Game profile

Mar 29th 2023, 22:53:50

2 deep 4 me

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2023, 0:23:00

Originally posted by Cathankins:

Welcome to the club, the guys here are great. They fight among each other but it’s a big fam. It is cool. Blow of some steam and make a few friends. It is a unique game.

Watch out for this dubious character named Superfly though. Think of him as this troll that you will meet who will jump out from under a bridge and bludgeon you. Its something we all went through. Your official once that happens.

Sounds like you have a crush on someone

Cathankins Game profile

Mar 31st 2023, 17:53:26

Originally posted by Coalie:
Originally posted by Cathankins:

Sounds like you have a crush on someone

Haha I’ve known him for years, I just like messing with him. Superfly played when I used to years and used to play his late turn commies. Fun times. Superfly and then Ebert was running Death From Above and I think Andrew was running Swamp Guardian around that time as well. Great matches. Ebert was so good at that theo techer. I never could keep with his pace.

[SiS]The Heathen Game profile

Apr 20th 2023, 15:00:57

Thanks for coming out lol