Verified:

oldman Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 2:59:45

PM me if you're going to do that as well so we can hook up on tech alliance

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 16:02:00

I will be doing the same and need 2 more.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2011, 17:56:05

What's the pros and cons of a commie tech start vs. going C/I all round? I guess I could still do either one.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 19:20:20

I suspect that a C/I all around would be better. Sometimes when tech is so expensive early in the set it is more productive to research it yourself.

Last set a tech start to casher would have been better than a straight casher...but I think a commie is efficient enough out of the gate that it can afford to buy it's tech. Thats just my opinion though.

oldman Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 3:29:17

I did a few commie tech starts in express and usually it allowed me to outproduce the big and fat commies in the top rather quickly with 60-70% of their land. That makes you an unattractive topfeeding target. By the time you catch up in terms of land, you'll be outproducing the tech-less/low tech commies by a huge margin and most of the time, I never did look back until I get swarmed by suiciders =)

Never tried it in Primary before though, so this will be my first attempt.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2011, 4:04:51

I bet it's better on a bigger server than on Express. Since techer needs to attack early and explore less, the larger pool of targets will help.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2011, 4:15:08

Great point,blid :)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

TNTroXxor Game profile

Nov 9th 2011, 5:18:40

and you could half expect what to expect unlike express where people would cash 300 turns and spend the rest farming you with 100% jets.
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Rockman Game profile

Nov 22nd 2011, 16:51:41

Did anyone do a commie tech start in primary and actually make it work? I've not looked through all the top commies, but my guess is that they were all indy starts.

Blid - express has a sufficiently large pool of targets. Even if you don't hit any country more than once, there's plenty of land there.

AndrewMose - in primary/express/tournament, a tech start casher is always better than a cash start casher.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2011, 17:09:53

As oldman said, he did a commie tech start this round. I gotta believe he's doing pretty good with it.

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 0:19:31

There was a few of us who did it and looking at our countries we are all running nice indies

crest23 Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 1:30:55

herbs, can you PM me on how to do a tech start?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 23rd 2011, 1:50:45

Only indy tech I think. Last time I did it, I got mil strat and weapons but it made the start pretty slow.

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 2:08:21

JJ23 each person probably does there tech a little differently in there start. But I'm sure most put at least 70% of there total tech from the start to Indy then the rest were they see fit. One of my allies invested alot into mil strat while myself more into business and residential. And also on that it depends on the bonus you choose also, if you were to go expenses as a bonus I would invest more into the weapons mil strat then business and res.

Crest I'll pm you here shortly on it.

Blind it may be a little slow at the beginning but definitely worth it in the end, if your a successfull grabber.

oldman Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 3:26:16

in fact a few of the bigger indies tech started. why do i know? cuz they were my tech allies during the tech phase :)

trep Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 19:37:47

well with c/i, you probably want to go expenses. anything else it really depends, but turns is always good

bakku Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 11:13:17

it's obviously more worth it when you're in stocking mode and hitting the cash button. it's better to get turns when you're still growing though

jabberwocky Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 19:15:31

ya booms seem to triple w/e type you use it for. So basically you're getting three turns worth of production for one turn, which is good if you have massive expenses, but otherwise you could have just bought three extra turns and done something like build or cash or attack.

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 0:57:42

For growing turns makes more sense then the boom. When destocking boom makes more sense cause like stated above 3 turns for the price of 1 turns expenses.

bakku Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 1:11:32

i kind of agree with jfotouhi. does anyone wanna do the legwork and calculate it

what is there to calculate? you're in stocking mode and only hitting the cash button to stock. would you rather have 3 turns worth of expenses/bushel consumption while making 100m revenue over 3 turns or would you rather have 1 turn of expenses/bushel consumption while making $100m over 1 turn?

Rockman Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 14:25:59

lets say i make 30M/turn. cashing id make 20 pct more, so approx 36M/turn.

lets say i use the 6 pts (3 turns worth) on a pci boom. how much of a boom is it?

Try reading what Bakku posted. No wonder you need someone to do the math for you. You need someone to do the reading for you, too. I guess that's how you got out of elementary school - having other people do stuff for you.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 14:38:04

Originally posted by Rockman:

lets say i use the 6 pts (3 turns worth) on a pci boom. how much of a boom is it?

Try reading what Bakku posted. No wonder you need someone to do the math for you. You need someone to do the reading for you, too. I guess that's how you got out of elementary school - having other people do stuff for you.

That's no way to refer people's roommate as 'other people'. Thou shall be named ROOMMATE
i havent been deleted since last set

oldman Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 16:29:00

A pci boom revenue/turn while cashing is calculated as such:

3*pci*population*1.2*tax rate - expenses

3 turns cashing will yield:

3*(pci*population*1.2*tax rate - expenses)

So the difference is 2*expenses in the favour of the pci boom.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 20:28:07

Originally posted by Rockman:

stfu moron. keep talking trash, ull get it coming. you act like your such a great player... you couldnt hold a light to me on your best day. bragging about some land records in express that your friend owns. always riding the coattails of someone else, truly pathetic.

I beat the land record for express by over 10k acres, and then two weeks later, my friend beats me by 50 acres. His two attempts to beat my record are still the only time anyone has ever come within 10k acres of my country.

Whereas you hold the record in express for most times being deleted for cheating.

You're right, I don't hold a record, and you do. That doesn't make you a better player than me.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 20:33:05

i always use my bonus for extra turns..

is there something better that i may be missing out?

Indy boost if you're indy,Farm if I'm farming ,etc,etc. I think its way more productive then the turns,but then again,I'm a n00b at netting,so I'm just making an educated guess here :/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

trep Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 23:54:38

i thought we wait 18 hours so our people are happy

oldman Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 23:57:55

lol @ trep nice one

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 26th 2011, 1:27:00

LOL!,I like a feature so I can hurt them when they pull a "workers strike" or "demand lower taxes" ,maybe kidnap a union leader and torture him :p "your spies successfully kidnapped the union leader and convinced him to work overtime for next 5 turns".....ya.....that be kool!
(•_•)

Grendel Game profile

Nov 26th 2011, 10:16:54

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
LOL!,I like a feature so I can hurt them when they pull a "workers strike" or "demand lower taxes" ,maybe kidnap a union leader and torture him :p "your spies successfully kidnapped the union leader and convinced him to work overtime for next 5 turns".....ya.....that be kool!

Lol, I like that idea. Perhaps we should suggest that to admin.?