Verified:

Cathankins Game profile

Sep 28th 2023, 12:02:02

This thread is to discuss and theorize how the chosen one will break 200 in primary.

Who is this mystery man?

What strategy will he run?

Will superfly AB him
For no reason?

Is this even possible?

To play a match without superfly doing this?

Discuss

Cumorah Game profile

Sep 28th 2023, 12:26:03

I think it has to be farmer of cashier with 70k+ acres and favourable market conditions. It’s probably unlikely with so few players, but never say never.

AndrewMose Game profile

Sep 28th 2023, 12:42:19

Gerdler wasn't too far with a CI. If he had grabbed land a bit quicker or had better turret prices maybe he could have got to $200.

I think a demo farmer with expense bonus has the highest opportunity based on market conditions. On a set with too many Indy's and not enough farmers that strategy would convert the most NW per acre of land per turn. Of course they also would struggle if Turrets are $160+ and food is under $40.

Ektar Game profile

Sep 28th 2023, 13:18:33

Originally posted by Cumorah:
I think it has to be farmer of cashier with 70k+ acres and favourable market conditions. It’s probably unlikely with so few players, but never say never.

cash·ier1
/kaˈSHir/
See definitions in:
All
Commerce
Military
noun
a person handling payments and receipts in a store, bank, or other business.

For your records, sir.

SuperFly Game profile

Sep 28th 2023, 13:40:35

Originally posted by Cathankins:
This thread is to discuss and theorize how the chosen one will break 200 in primary.

Who is this mystery man?

What strategy will he run?

Will superfly AB him
For no reason?

Is this even possible?

To play a match without superfly doing this?

Discuss

If they break GDI on me they sure as fluff won’t be making $20 million….

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2023, 15:59:22

Not enough land to go around without the risk of retaliation, I don't think it's possible with 60 some countries.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

NitelL Game profile

Sep 28th 2023, 16:13:49

Yea agree with KoH - at this player number it doesn't seem possible. Gerdler got real close, and it was in a set with 116 players (almost double!).

Also agree with Andrew, that demo farmer is probably the highest potential strat, barring phenomenal market conditions, for a mad finish to happen (given player numbers).

SuperFly Game profile

Sep 29th 2023, 5:22:51

Originally posted by NitelL:
Yea agree with KoH - at this player number it doesn't seem possible. Gerdler got real close, and it was in a set with 116 players (almost double!).

Also agree with Andrew, that demo farmer is probably the highest potential strat, barring phenomenal market conditions, for a mad finish to happen (given player numbers).

I am demo farmer so i like my odds of cracking the top 20!

Cathankins Game profile

Sep 29th 2023, 15:41:51

Interesting feedback and thanks for the responses. I also thought demo seems the best, but if it’s not a demo then I was thinking maybe a commie Indy.

Rep casher is so difficult to get big and fat and climb your way up without getting hit by the big commies and techers up top.

Cathankins Game profile

Sep 29th 2023, 15:44:28

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Not enough land to go around without the risk of retaliation, I don't think it's possible with 60 some countries.

Is there any way to add land to the game without messing with the market dynamics that everyone loves in primary?

What about a bot market so the bots can be grabbed but don’t use the public market?

Is there anyway at all this is possible? Without the bots maybe?

Cathankins Game profile

Sep 29th 2023, 15:47:19

I like the grabbing and big scores on the bot servers but the market on team and primary is MUCH more fun without the bots. If only there was a way you could get the good aspects and trash the negatives without changing the dynamics of team or primary but allow for more landgrabbing.

I know bots on primary are very very unpopular, but what if they didn’t change the public market at all? Would the guys here be ok with that? Everything else stays the same?

AndrewMose Game profile

Sep 29th 2023, 16:51:17

one way to introduce more land would be to lower DR and country to country DR. Of course this would allow for more farming of lower ranked players but the ghost acres will pump more land into the server. Another solution would be to allow GDI protection to reset after 7 days or so. This would encourage a 2nd or 3rd attack on a capable player.

But I don't think we need to do any of this to add more land. while we won't see record sets with lower players, winning primary is still enough of an incentive for people to play the game. And adapting to different competitive environments is a fun change.

NitelL Game profile

Sep 29th 2023, 16:53:47

I'm against bots on primary. I see the servers now like this:

Solo Servers:
Primary (no bots, "large" server) - As close to old Earth as possible, but with a lot of more farming of real people than someone's multies.
Tourney (no bots, small server) - Europe in 1942 (10 countries wild west).
Express (bots, "large" server)- Mostly "Single player experience" but with regular suiciders.

I don't play on any of the rest anymore so hard for me to comment on their current state.

Primary with bots would just become a slower, longer Express.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 29th 2023, 16:56:28

Fk bots, I'll quit if they add that fluff here.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

now im nothing Game profile

Sep 29th 2023, 20:58:23

I admit as well I will be off if it comes down to bots here. Just crazy farming bots lol - pass
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

Cathankins Game profile

Sep 29th 2023, 21:37:58

Extra ghost acres, that’s interesting