Verified:

daspheebsie Game profile

Jan 4th 2022, 20:39:14

"No, this elephant has been there for generations, come on I know you know what it is!" (I'm to crap feeling to work it out to do it the right way and I am trying to make a cohesive non rambling thought process but due to having covid, may the odds be ever in your favor)

I posit - its a combo of everything and not just generational. Party, Generational and Covid.

When the pandemic first started - everyone lost their fluffing minds. From a generational view - you had the crypt keepers on both sides clamoring about freedumbs. But my freedumbs (both sides not just one or the other). Someone was constantly b*tching about how if you didn't do it my way you aren't right. Then from the crypt keepers, Covid mania flew through their respective parties. So now you are looking at what we have here - "The leftist are stupid!" hmm... well same could be said about the right wingnuts and republicans (I differentiate here because wingnuts fall into the MAGA/Trumplicans, and Republicans as those pre-2016 before the Q craze and Trump).

Covid has been a dividing factor for 3 years now. However, even before that we had the stop the steal, impeach the president, flat out aggressively. It was with Covid that we really started to see the factors that make it so much different than it was prior. Often both sides bringing in Polio "Well it wasn't that bad!". Both sides willing to die on that hill. 'Rona has without a doubt been the factor for the past three years craziness. Its not just been generational. If it was strictly generational, then I don't think it would have been as decisive as it was.

Now if you look backwards - same thing happened with Polio, same thing happened with the wars, same thing has happened all the way back to 1775. Our system that we have right now, can't be based on generational, but rather on the ideologies that have morphed through the years to suit whomever is at the top. While this cannot be said for the rest of the world, I am assuming we are talking about our favorite 3rd world country with a Gucci Handbag. Its not always been generational, rather its been more along the lines of stick to the party guidelines. Stick to the standards that were set out for us.

Then when you have new parties trying to horn in like the Libertarians, the Green Party, Constitution Party and so many others, and you have the two big ones beating the hell out of anyone that isn't either or. Our system is set up to the point that we stay with what we know, and when centrists get involved we get told to shut up and sit down. Not by just the crypt keepers, but those that want to stick to the party lines.

It is however with Covid that we really started to see the differences between the whole thing. It is with Covid that we see the generational divide, it is with Covid that we are seeing the vast oceanic divide that is the two party system within the United States. It is with Covid that we are starting to realize, well fluff, something is broken here and we can't quite put our fingers on it. It can absolutely be argued that it is generational as we learn from the crypt keepers in office, however, we also have the young ones coming in that are very hooked into the idea that we can push change, just not always the correct way, and often still on party lines, just more extreme (Gaetz, AOC, etc etc).

(See I told you, I have Covid, its going to be Derrick worthy long)

Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo