Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 5th 2021, 4:13:46

It's way different than any smoked beer I've ever had. First off, it's the actual color of smoke. Not opaque enough to be called a dark beer, but way darker than any lager I've ever seen. Somewhere between an amber lager and a black ale. But the smoke smell and flavor are super potent. It's the most smoke flavor I've ever had in something claiming that. It smells almost exactly like a campfire and the campfire funk really stays with it all the way thru the mouth feel until you swallow. From there, the flavor sort of gives way to a liquid smoke type flavor like you'd have for like a smoked brisket. And that smoked meat flavor sort of lingers with you a while after you drink it. I drank a sour afterwards and still had the mouth feel of a campfire in between sips and after it was gone. Even a fruited sour couldnt get rid of it.

I'd liken it more to having a BBQ Brisket sandwich by a campfire almost moreso than drinking a beer. It's a hell of an experience and I can see for sure why it's currently rated the top smoked beer in the world.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Nov 5th 2021, 4:20:45
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit