Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 30th 2021, 12:49:39

Originally posted by Kill4Free:
You will lose X amount of countries from Chem rushes, not much you can do about that, and you cant get enough SDI to matter. Mind you, when I said to drop the land, and buy some tech, that will stop the chem rushes on the countries you do that on, if you didnt die in the initial rush. On average, it was taking 3-4 countries worth of chems to kill 1 country. Ive been on the receiving end of that before, and yes, a lot of the main strings will be lost. Im not saying doing everything you could would win, or even would mean your countries survive. Having defenses will slow down their kill rate without chem use, and just give you a chance to hurt em back.

I suppose my view is a bit different from yours, I was attacked just about every set since I came back to EE, at various points in the seasons. Having no defense typically meant you would be the one who was attacked, while having some defense meant they went for someone else who did not have defenses.

People tend to go for the low hanging fruit, and if someone is an easy target, they generally tend to get hit first. At the end of the day you guys didnt do anything at all to deserve being hit.

See I've found, the best looking countries get hit first regardless of how much defense they have. Generally speaking I'll eat the first 16 chem rushes if I have the most acres let's say....or the most stock. Regardless of my 20 or 30m break.

And the fruit isnt actually low hanging. Hawk just has you know......2 or 3 realistic options on who to hit. It's difficult to maintain like 40 straight sets of not netting without essentially hitting everyone 2x a year. When you couple that with a total lack of desire to make the war "good," you can blow up the spot of a 4 or 5 man netting tag whenever you want. I've played FFA for around 5 years. I've had low spies, high spies, high breaks, low breaks, some sdi, no sdi. Etc. What's remained true is that I'm nearly always competitive for a win if I'm active. My techers are the first to 90k every set. My farmers are the first to 400k every set. And I'm nearly continuously the first netter hit. Period.

Why you think tmac gets hit every set on 1a? It's actually like the only real deterrent is when we are lots and lots of members. Having double or quad the numbers or something is usually a little better. I think you're mistaking your might in NBK for good strategy and ability. It's all about that meat shield. In this instance, you're looking at a warclan that was spread into what....4 tags....that's actually got more active members hitting a netting tag. There's not really a defense to a half dozen spam tags jumping in one at a time on you netting, and it's bizarre to me that anyone accepts that as a valid method. You're encouraging spam tag war.

I promise tho, no matter what you build, if you have any intention of half netting, if a larger war prepped clan hits you with the aim of burning stock for kills, the only realistic defense is the cicada defense. Plenty of meat to absorb the blow. Else it's just a blowout. I remember hitting LaF netting in Elders. We did 11 kills with 19 countries. It's more like 1.8-2:1 for kills on a netting tag with low sdi. It takes far less than 4 countries to do a kill on a low SDI target. Easily under 100 chems.

The only real difference I think for me is an innate desire to not have a war be a blowout. I want them to be close and competitive or else I'll just net. I find doing easy kills masturbatory and silly. Just prefer a challenge. I've killed probably a million countries in the last 25 years. Blowing thru some netters just doesnt do it for me. There have been good options (like me joining imp to hit nbk), but I'm not really interested in playing a blowout and that's all weve had since the last time CC popped up.

The assertion that I'm just netting with mob and ratski over here with 0 defense is a bit silly. You know those players. We've been down for a war for years. Hitting us with a fluffload of spam tags while we are netting is not that.

Hawk spent 2 years taunting me that I'd never get to a billion avg nw which was my goal until I did it (twice). Funny thing is I'd rather be warring lol. But hes hidden in some spam tag just waiting to grief, so I cant even make a valid war with the dude. Idk. Just gotta wait around to see what spam tag hits me every other set with almost no intention of a good war.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 30th 2021, 13:15:02
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit