Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2021, 7:31:45

Yep. Not to be an echo chamber, but the only instances we really see of land penalty is on 2nd or 3rd restarts generally. People dont go into wars over 100k acres due to expenses and chem rush/SDI issues, and try not to drop below 20k at least initially to stay above that threshold. It's rarely encountered.

There's a pretty specific amount of acres you want to war rn, and since it's harmful to grow above it, that penalty largely doesn't affect dropping. Anyone over say....80k acres is either lower spal or non sustainable. Usually 15-20k acres is plenty to avoid penalty, which is to say, a few days of grabbing.

I also think it's a couple fairly obvious changes to make the war meta about the best builds rather than capping us at a 50-80k stocks war every set.

Also totally agree with enshula in that CDs definitely need a nerf and that I'd probably do this in conjunction with a .03 cap instead of .04. The top end is still too high. Should be MIN(0.03 * target_troops, 0.05 * your_spies) ish.

At least...the front end of that should be 0.03 and I'd think youd be hard pressed to find someone to disagree. The back end changing just changes some dynamics when really the front end changing is what we need.

It's all sort of moot tho when we are stuck in an eternal 50k acre stocks war tho. Idk. If there was any reason at all to get to 150k acres or 100m troops or 50m spies in a war, all of this conversation would make more sense to me. Adjusting the 50k acre stocks war to be a different 50k stocks war that slightly more benefits the wealthiest doesnt do it for me. Like absolutely doesn't. It only just serves to sever our player base more.

I think making the 150k acre, 50m spy 100m troop country playable would make these changes super cool tho.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 28th 2021, 8:01:27
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit