Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 26th 2021, 17:19:58

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Do you consider that the war meta will change to having more troops and more spies, which will deplete stocks faster and therefore end late-set wars faster with this? I mean we both agree that CDs are too powerful, and he is nerfing CDs, and you are complaining about him nerfing CDs.

Why is it that whenever war people take part in these conversations, that we're complaining? Good lord man. Don't insult us while simultaneously asking us.

Again, the war meta will not have more spies. People already have as close to maximum sustainable spy counts. CDs are overpowered, but restarts should still have the ability to do them effectively on occasion (albeit .4 is too much). Otherwise originals become increasingly difficult to kill as the war progresses, and, more than likely, will increase the amount of unresolved wars.

There's narfing CDs for all vs narfing CDs significantly for restarts which this would absolutely do. And I think taking spy ability away from restarts is something we ought to think about. Killing the ability for a restart to be a meaningful participant in a war will make it a long boring process for those who die.

Different ways of changing something have different consequences. And without repairing the expenses formula, changing it in this exact way appears net negative for the culture to me, because "having more spies" like you netters who have never had 30m is not sustainable. I promise. You arent just going to start seeing people with 50 million spies suddenly because it simply isnt sustainable. But I do actually like this idea if it is done in conjunction with fixing the expenses formula.

2 of 2 war players on here are saying the same thing. Perhaps there's something to it. And further, if I start calling you a complainer crybaby netter every time the griefer issues come up, it would genuinely add nothing to the conversation. In fact, my posts would probably get deleted and I'd get reprimanded. So lay off that fluff. I dont have any desire to get banned again for things people have said to me a dozen times. I just want restarts to still be meaningful participants because it's high key necessary for both activity and wars having a conclusion.

Alternatively, you could bring back the old restart bonus and let us earn a meaningful restart thru walling. I just think it will be a tough ask for 80% of war players to be useless by the end of set, but all keep playing for some reason. Yes. CDs are too powerful. But you cant kill restarts ability to both midbreak and do ops simultaneously and expect we won't experience inactivity from it. There are absolutely ways to narf CDs without doing that.

This is being 1 chem rush away from wasting 2 months of your time and being totally meaningless for war players. That's going to be a tough sell. I'd even take 80% 1 and done restarts in conjunction you know. Anything to make it somewhat playable after you die 1x.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 26th 2021, 18:19:30
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit