Verified:

v1per Game profile

Mar 31st 2021, 1:21:14

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Originally posted by archaic:
Originally posted by Slagpit:
I can't offer any immediate relief (although that was covered by Requiem), but I would ask you to read through this thread before quitting: https://www.earthempires.com/...development-roadmap-49938

The very first thing you should do is eliminate the ability to spam the 'Send Attack' button. When players can hand spam attacks faster than a bot war becomes nothing more than who can shoot first. 30 second kill runs with only 5-6 attackers are pure cancer.

That doesn't resolve this though: "I cannot make anyone net, but anyone can make me war - that has been the problem on this server since day one."

There's certainly stuff that we can do to make kill runs take longer, but will that really make a huge difference? My philosophy for improving warring right now is to get more players into the game. If there's something that the warrers really want that will keep them in the game for now, I'm happy to listen, but so far it's been tough to get that feedback.

So, I just had a thought. Instead of turning a country into a useless 1/4 version of itself, why not go with a down but not out type of thinking. In real life when a country is "occupied", it isn't reduced to nothing. Why not apply that same logic to countries that people spend a lot of time building. The damage should stay, but maybe there should be an occupying force that maybe the clan in the alliance server has to wipe out(it can or can't be replenished by the occupying clan, I'll let you deal with that), and once that force is gone the country is back to being able to fight. I see it in everyone, once their country has been destroyed and they are reduced to a restart with most of their stock wiped out they lose interest, stop showing up to chats, and feel useless because they can only be finishers.