Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 0:28:49

Originally posted by archaic:
Originally posted by DerrickICN:

Having defense in a war and a real good build has been totally pointless for longer than I can remember. Only activity and walling wins wars. I dont teach people how to build good countries in mercs. I teach them how to get andchat or irccloud and set up mobile highlights because it is literally all that matters. Whoever has the most people on for the 30 seconds they need to be on wins.

+1

Its just as true about retals. Whenever I hear somebody talking about "neTtErs NevEr CaRRy anY deFenSe, ThEy deSerVe to bE tOPfEd" I know I'm dealing with a real genius with a deep understanding of the game. The only reason to carry any defense is to be a slightly less appealing target for suiciders than your neighbor. Whenever some glue eating cretin that can't even stock the shelves at the Piggly Wiggly, much less stock bushels decides he's going to grab your well oiled 80k acre stocking machine with is 11k acre dict rainbow, it doesn't matter if you have 50M turrets, he's going to break you. If he's in a tag big enough to ruin your tags netting set - congratulations, you've just discovered griefing 101.

Man I had this hilarious moment like 2 or 3 sets ago getting suicided in FFA. Where like the guy hitting me actually had bad enough countries where if I had like any defense at all he wouldnt have been able to hit me. Objectively the first time it's happened to me in what 25 years of earth now haha. His countries were objectively so bad that if I had just had 5m turrets he wouldnt have got me. First time ever hahaha.

But yeah I mean. Bomb buildings op would have still destroyed me just as much, but I guess I doubted his intelligence to run that op against me. REALLY he could have still fluffed me up but i like to think in playing this game since i was 13 years old and saying anyone could hit me if their goal is to hit me no matter how good I am, in year 23 someone finally made an argument for having defense lol

Figure I'd still run defenseless as a netter and just abuse DR because expenses outpace DRs preetttttty quick but we'll see.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 30th 2021, 0:31:51
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit