Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 22nd 2021, 2:44:32

One of our short term goals is to make NPC countries better participate in the public market and to fight back when other countries attack or spy them. To that end, there is a lot of work to do:

1) Better destocking
2) Better NPC logging and reporting
3) Better public market purchasing
4) Better public market selling
5) Misc issue clean up
6) Add retals for bots

There's a bit of a learning curve when it comes to working on the NPC code, but at this point I believe I've made all of the code adjustments needed for goal 1. It's my intention for the NPC changes listed below to go live starting on March 30th, but that will depend on how further testing goes. Summary of changes:

ALL NPCS:
* The amount of time that bots spend logged out has been changed. Even after the changes, cashers, farmers, and rainbows are all playing more often than I'd like. It may not be safe to increase the logged out period until market interaction has been fixed.
* Destocking has been completely redesigned. The second post will contain a detailed log for players who are interested in the mechanics of how it works.
* Countries will begin destocking at different times instead of all destocking when there are 50 turns left. Some players have been taking advantage of this behavior by pricing military at very high prices for the 20:40 GT buyout. This will no longer work.
* While destocking, countries will resell bushels if it is profitable to do so.
* While destocking, countries will calculate future private market capacity and will reserve money to purchase off the private market. Consequently, they will continue to login after their first destock attempt.
* Countries may need to spend money on the public market on high priced goods if they don't have a large enough private market supply. The maximum prices that they are willing to buy are randomized and grow as the set gets closer to the end.
* Countries may attempt to resell military at relatively high prices if they have extra private market capacity.
* Techers will dump tech at $1000 while destocking if it is profitable to do so.

TECHER AND RAINBOW NPCS:
* Techers can now sell up to the server maximum percentage of goods instead of 25%.
* Techers will no longer sell tech below the price floor of $1000.

INDY NPCS:
* Indies can now sell up to the server maximum percentage of goods instead of 25%.
* Indies will no longer spend so much money on tech. I hope this results in indies actually building out their land instead of spending most of the reset at 50% unbuilt.
* Indies no longer favor producing troops when the public market is empty.
* Indies produce less spies.
* Indies are more willing to produce jets.
* Will no longer pick Dictator as a government and will instead rarely pick Demo.

FARMER NPCS:
* More likely to pick Fascism as a government and less likely to pick Republic.

CASHER NPCS:
* Less likely to pick Republic as a government and more likely to pick Demo or Theo.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Edited By: Slagpit on Mar 24th 2021, 4:47:04
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit