Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2020, 13:26:20

There is overlap tho. White supremacy? Maybe not. But being anti-immigration is something both you and the KKK have in common. And they are terrorists too. How is that different than calling me antifa?

Antifa is interesting because there is, from my understanding, no organization or leader or anything. It's like jihadism of far-right muslim politics. Like, you can believe in religious stuff to a pretty large extreme, but the moment you go around claiming to be a jihadist, you're probably a terrorist. No group tag necessary.

If you believe that tho, hawk, you could understand my concern with people constantly calling me that. It's not accurate. And as far as divergence goes, I have less in common with them than I'd wager your beliefs diverge from let's say the proud boys. Like, I've even voted libertarian and Republican in my life both more than I've voted democrat. I'm a centrist. The problem is, the Republican party has moved too far to the right for my liking. And the dems are not moving left at all. The further the conservative party moves right, the more in line with the left I become. If the extreme radical wing of the dems starts winning elections, I'd probably find myself more in line with the middle again. But just thru the old eyeball test, both extremes have resorted to radical violence and terror, and any ideological shifts to the extremes I view as troubling, because with them goes out the window things like respect and bipartisan legislation. And proper governance takes working together.

And for every AOC who slides thru the cracks to make it in the house, there is a Majorie Taylor Greene on the right that completely baffles me and who quite literally is campaigning on conspiracy theories and crazy fluff, and more than likely going to be winning a seat this November.

In any case, it'd be like calling every catholic a pedophile or every one in Utah morman. And then doing it 40 times a day to your catholic friend or whatever.

Perhaps it's just a complete lack of respect, and people still respect the catholic church enough not to rage on every catholic here. Weird because they have been proven to do the the things people make conspiracies about the left for. That's like a whole proven fact but it's just hella disrespectful to say it repeatedly to your believer pals.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 30th 2020, 13:42:57
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit