Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2020, 4:54:11

Man. I just wanted to post on the thread with 5 other people who don't currently play team debate superfly. I don't play team right now either, SO HERE'S MY EXTREMELY VALUABLE OPINION.

Archy, you're right on a few things, but definitely wrong about kills being better than messing up production this early. Civ returns are narfed at the beginning of sets so it still takes 250 hits for a kill. If you spend 500 turns to kill a 2000 acre country, it only loses 60% of its buildings when it restarts, and is literally only 1 20 turn batch from returning to 1600 acres. So in most cases, a combination of farming, then ABs and nukes/chems wind up being more effective to cause production loss than a kill/restart. LaF/PDM and other clans have repeatedly shown that OOP, crippling production is far far more effective use of turns than kills.

Also, I have a top 20 best 3 on this server, right there with Ebert. I have as many top tens as archaic in a third as many sets, and a best three more than ten million ahead of him. My kills are higher, my deaths are lower, my defends are higher. In netting and in war, I have outplayed archaic in every aspect of this server. I warred for my first 4 sets on this server in elders and then created my own netting tag. My netting tag was run off the server by....other netting tags????

Wait....what?

That's right folks. I've netted only 20ish sets on this server and I have been suicided or outright FSed in all but 3 sets. In only 2 of those sets my suiciders were not from allies of netting tags. The other 15 times I have been hit were by netting tags like zigzag trying to get revenge on me for being a former elder. Or from people like archaic who are in some ways just thinking they are standing up for their friends when they hit me, because maybe it's best if he chooses my friends or something. But the thing is, I haven't had any desire to war on this server since like 2016 and because I once played with someone yall feel some type of way about, literal netters attack me.

I 100% empathize with SF. I also tried to be a good boy and all x net this server and continuously got hit by geta or archaic or gerdler or celphi or whoever. We're not allowed to net so why should yall be able to? I also 100% support the idea of just doing 20 ABs on each so the top ten is a level playing field for people like me. If y'all wanna play that way, let's at least make the top 10 honest.

Otherwise like, get your friends to leave people like me alone. Give SF a chance to actually all x net. Or like....just accept that people like us are going to want a level playing field. You shouldn't expect to have your friends suiciding someone while you get to net. If y'all just wanna net, perhaps you can tell your buddies to stop the nonsense for your sake. If it is a random suicider, it's an anomaly. Only 5% of the time I am suicided on this server is it a non-ally of a netting tag. Either accept the level playing field as people like SF will provide it, or allow people like us to net peacefully by helping facilitate it.

Weedy should be held accountable for archaic. Why? Because if weedy had told archy to stop, and hit him with darkness, he would have stopped sets before he did. Because he wouldn't want weedy to waste their turns hitting him. The onus is on you guys to stop this stuff, and you're failing at it. This should have been expected.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 26th 2020, 5:34:41
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit