Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 22nd 2020, 4:11:12

Originally posted by archaic:
Originally posted by Gerdler:
And there it is gentlemen! The only Free nation on earth! I rest my case.

You are putting words in my mouth Gerdler and I thought you were better than that.

No, I am not. You say it right here:
Originally posted by archaic:
I think the issue here is that you guys don't understand the fundamental psyche of america. We fluffing despise government, your government, our government, all government. As the newest of the major powers our government is still young enough that they have only just started dipping their toes in the pool of tyranny. Every government that has ever existed has only ever grown and grown and taken more and more power from the people until the day that the field of liberty gets fertilized with the blood of tyrants (and patriots).

All governments that are older than yours have grown more tyranical with time. Which is historyless bullfluff ofc but what you said nonetheless. Your government isn't young. India, China, Russia, Germany, Brazil, Italy, Spain all have much younger governments than yours, much younger constitutions etc. Your nation is young, yes. But what does that have to do with it? Norway is a younger nation than yours, if that matters for anything.

Yeah in the grand scheme of things the US owing to its vast natural resources and the large population its lands can sustain has been a dominant power for the last century or so owing to that. And will remain so for another decade or two, most likely. You don't owe it to your second amendment.
If you compare yourself to Sweden you better do it in per capita terms or you will very rapidly lose in absolute terms technologically, economically and militarily to the other big dogs. Either way I never said we are great. I just said you arn't either. :)