Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2020, 3:36:47

We technically have one other "non-win" in our "winning streak." That's why we call it a non-loss streak and not a winning streak.

There was a war approximately 6 sets ago where an 8 member elders FSed a 25 member Stones and neither tag really showed superiority.

Elders main tag is dead (much as it was last set) but the family does include MERCS/HACKS, and in this war we have an ally STONES. We were never touting the fact that we always tagkill our enemies (though we have in 12 of the last 13 sets that represent the streak). Just that Elders side never die like its enemies in a loss. A war without a tagkill is still a win for SoF, but the streak of Elders never dying lives on as it did last year when stones outpaced us on nw with triple our numbers but were unable to kill us in 20 days of war.

While sof was able to outbuild and outstock us by quite a large margin, they were unable to kill us. They won the early part of the set, but didn't do enough to see an actual elders loss. Certainly a win for sof, but hardly a loss for the most efficient wallers to live thru a war with a 150m nw disadvantage.

With all the tag jumping this set, elders' suiciders were targeting directly to a smaller tag while sof, hidden in 3 tags, were able to mitigate damage by spreading out. Without all the tag jumping, or with elders using the same avoidance>direct action tactics, it's probably a more even war. I've never been a fan of hiding to win in ffa or here. I think it takes away from a win. I'm certain if i subbed out my inactives for the best dogs in LaF it would have been more difficult for SoF. Obviously. In a lot of ways, i got my all star game when sof dropped people like #456 and #452 for inactivity and added members like scourge. We kept ours and fought a tag of only actives to yet another non-loss.

Either way, our side didn't die and the streak lives on. Sorry.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Feb 5th 2020, 3:51:19
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit