Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2020, 4:58:14

Originally posted by smegma:
There is only one problem with that whole skill vs skill line. It is so boring to run the same script every set. Run XX number of turns do this. Run XX number of turns and convert. Then chem them on the FS and the war is already over. Is mindlessly following a script really skill?

I think youd disagree with your own statement if ffa were to have a decent war again. The old addage of netters has always been that war is "just an endless string of gs and cm." That's wholly not accurate. Close wars between talented players are so much more than that. I was there for slit and til and the big ones on 1a. It's goddamn so much skill playing the markets and fluff.

Hell donny even showed you guys that when i brought him back for the KARMA war. He was playing the techer bots like a violin and was damn near not worth killing with his skill play. I mean. It's fun when we do it right. Cmon man. Don't just take my work for it. Let's arrange a 5v5 and see who has skill. I promise it's fun. fluff man. You prefer war and this server is such a void you say something like that. That's fluffed and only proof there hasnt been a real war here in years.

That actually bummed me out. I thought man. Smegs. I just thought you knew war is so much more than that.

If that's really the dichotomy here, then the culture of war is DEFINITELY not worth participating in. I hope imp will start leaving me alone one day, because if that is war, i 100% dont participate. You sound like you havent gotten an adrenaline rush from this game in years and that means you have definitely not won close wars or servers or fluffed up a first place finish or got outplayed on pure talent in a war. All that says to me.

Get the stars back in your eyes man. This game is actually fun. That's why we still play it. You just have to actually work pretty hard to make challanges worth accomplishing...

Setting challanges like farming LoC and coming out looking like the big man or telling netters how much D they need is kinda gay man. Just saying. Create a better narrative. We're like old ass men. Find something less petty like making a decent war or winning a set ffs.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 17th 2020, 5:15:54
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit