Verified:

Tigress Game profile

Oct 28th 2019, 7:26:37

Originally posted by AtticusRex:
Originally posted by Ektar:
Im pretty pleased with 5th, 33mil, & 40k acres though. Thats my PB. Would have been about 35mil had that clown #101 not dedicated his life to revenging the 300 acre grab i made on him. He literally dedicated the rest of his reset to grabbing me back. I bet he had a nerd fit when he bounced the first time. He finished the set with 15:1 jets:turrets and about 45 unspent missiles. Im sure he was hoping id retal his double retal on me so he could unload those. Thats why i waited till 180 seconds left to send an extra 5ps his way, to find out i couldnt.

Sounds like it wasnt worth grabbing a real player.

Is like banging a random chub. Sure you can nut, but why risk herpes?

Fortunately you can learn from this experience without needing a prescription.

to this I must agree, bottom-feeding a real player in express with so many turns available is very dangerous. In general I try to be nice if I cannot take a retal in 150-180 turns I will usually just let it go. Although based on general (unwritten but agreed upon) retal rules (based on alliance-type pacts) a player does have 3 days worth of turns to take the retal. So based on that alone it would in general still be more than fair to retal between 180 - 240 turns.

and don't RoR if they got you the first time they will most definitely get you the second time :) all that does is save a player from having to use more turns than normal. For example I gained 3K acres in two retals this reset, one of which was a retal on an RoR. This was highly opportunistic for me. It saved me 150+ exploring turns, just as I completed rebuilding from my tech-phase.

Personally I do try to make the retal as lopsided as I possibly can, it's my way of saying "hey I'm an all-x go pick on someone who is actually land-grabbing like you." I also play an FFO which in general terms is a really bad idea to land-grab. When grabbing an FFO you are in effect land-grabbing one of the most efficient war-strat countries in the game. Played correctly it will own your ass +90% of the time.

Consider this:

turns taken = 1500 -- there are about 400 turns left in the reset
FFO sitting @ 8800 acres
-- 650 mil cash worth of bushel or about 4 mil jets
-- incoming cash about 500k per turn
-- 1.2 mil oil enough to move 30 mil units
-- A SPAL of 35-40
-- weapons tech @144
-- mil-strat @133
and a potential of: CM:17 | NM: 10 | EM 7 -- MISSILES

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO HIT THIS COUNTRY???

ok so you are 2-3 its size now looking at it with impunity from 12-15 mil net thinking an easy 800 -1200 acres taken from a country @ 4.2 -4.3 mil net -- it's only about a 2 mil jet PS not bad for a loss of about 400k jets

240 TURNS LATER

same all-x country you hit is now at:(conservatively i.e worst case scenario)
12K acres
an additional 1.6 billion in cash or 9.5 mil jets
plenty of oil to move a total of 13.5 mil jets
with weapons and PS multipliers = 29 million jets
if you include potential tech sell off its another 600 mil
the PS jet count jumps to 35 mil jets

and they have another 160 turns to hit you with
oh and the missile count is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of
CM: 27 | NM:15 | EM:12

Now the player you are up against does not play nice or is having a really bad day / week / month / year
-- about 3 years ago bad year would have applied to me

launch 12 EMs -- lower your overall military strength
4 PS -- roughly 11K acres -->>> 3 EMS | PS 1 - | - 3 EMS | PS 2 - | - 3 EMS | PS 3 - | - 3 EMS | PS 4 |
launch 15 Nukes about another 5-7 K acres
launch 27 chems -- your reset is over and done with in 120 turns
and with a speed-kill/ 5 tabs and the refresh button this is done and over with in under 3 minutes

it's not that I do not know how it's more like I choose not to, and many of the live all-x players are old timers who can pretty much do the same if they desired to do so.

Edited By: Tigress on Oct 28th 2019, 8:02:15
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
Happy Hunting

Tigress