Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 18th 2019, 16:25:45

Sin. You're pretty on point on that but I think you can turn a precedent inside out. Any sort of limitations put on this president will be enforced going forward. If ultimately Trump's being wildly unpopular ends up setting new standards of checks and balances for the next president or at least sets a line of what a president can do domestically I'm ok with it. We had a long discussion about how the money is nothing and in terms of mitigating illegal immigration it will only stop a nominal amount. I know you're more of a pessimist about that but I see the wall thing as more or less a non-issue with future political implications.

Cerebus I have to balk one of your points. The "fruitless investigation" has produced a guilty plea from Paul Manafort. According to a filing in December, the Mueller probe has cost about $25 million. Manafort alone agreed to $46 million in asset forfeiture and back taxes so the Mueller probe is at this point a profitable industry. That doesnt mention the other 35 indicted people and companies. The secret case in the DC court is currently getting $50,000 per day in sanctions. The whole investigation has been extremely profitable.

Also there totally was an investigation into the Clinton Foundation that culminated in a congressional oversight hearing in December. https://youtu.be/pbZSuN7vTXw

Special council was appointed by then AG Jeff Sessions to investigate the Clinton foundation. It resulted in 0 indictments and used around $6 million to complete. To be honest with watching the hearing, the Republicans just did a bad job Haha. They badgered their own witnesses and made their own case look terrible. The foundation itself was found to be a pay to play corporation, and while registed as a non profit, was clearly not making donations unless they would turn a profit. But there was no tax fraud or anything to allow the US govt to recuperate any money spent on the investigation. While the foundation could eventually receive a fine, it probably is not likely.

Watch the hearing though. Republicans seem completely unaware that it even happened and theres some pretty damning stuff about the foundation in there. If you want to back up your Clinton hate with some facts, that hearing is a bountiful tree and a concrete conclusion to an investigation that your peeps have been calling for.