Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 2nd 2019, 0:31:09

Originally posted by sinistril:
Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Lol. If you had played sin you might have doubled that 6 kill fs. They might need you and ironx to come home.

On that note tho, people told me at the beginning that I was wrong about oil being oversupplied this set. 35 days from the end it still hardly ever hit 300. Been 250 all set tops. Sometimes lower. Oilers in LoC are having trouble moving it at all.

One day people will start to listen. It wasn't speculation. It was a stated fact.

Depends on your views of game balance. At 250$ for oil, oilers are likely still the best acre for acre strategy when you factor in the fact that they don't have to spend money on tech unless running a hybrid. I haven't done the math on it but I'd be surprised if it wasn't the case or close to it. My personal belief is that the game should be balanced against the only stable market (private) and oil should be sellable on it like on express. Some people think the game should be balanced against the public market, which is where most disagreements come from :P

In the golden era, oil was almost continuously 8x the price of oil. Oil was considered oversupplied if it was less and thin if it was more. In the last 3 or 4 sets I've seen players like DP call for the addition of oiler bots which is something I flat out disagree with for 2 reasons.

1, oil is at the correct price with a mere 20 hybrids or 10 true Oilers. Assuming 1 person ran 16 pure Oilers, the market would be oversupplied by a huge margin.

2, oiler, as you've said, is by far the best income per building strat. The fact that no one runs them here is a mistake of the players on the server not paying attention to what is the best strat and adapting. This set I ran 2 Oilers as opposed to 4 I ran last set. I ran less because I saw more Fascs in tags. I then posted my prediction publicly and was correct. Players aren't paying attention or adapting to what will win them a set. That's not the fault of the market supply. It's the fault of a whole server of players not even trying to run the most effective strat. Which, to me, is baffling.