Verified:

BlackMamba Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 20:02:34

I've said for awhile now that I thought the worse thing for warring was the introduction of diminishing returns into attacks.

DR generally makes warring unprofitable. If you want to encourage more people to engage in war you have to give incentive for netters to war.

That means a successful war should lead to more land and concurrently higher networth for the victors. Since its impossible to defend from all special attacks, I would also make kills harder to execute and weaken ABs a little bit, that would give netters an incentive to systematically farm people for higher networths. They would still risk having damage to their countries but defending their countries would be more manageable without being online 24/7.

War right now largely is reliant on stonewalling and most people don't have the time to stonewall. If you want to encourage war, you need to lessen the killing / stonewalling paradigm a little bit and make it viable for users with less time and capable of only playing once a day to be more useful in wars.

To do that, you have to make a war involving landgrabbing without killing a viable war strategy for a netting alliance with less members but "better built" countries.

You have to give incentive to other smaller alliances to join the war and benefit from farming enemies. As long as you keep the same paradigm of war leads to lower networth for both sides, the trend of less war alliance and users interested in war will continue until they no longer exist.

I still remember in the first ten resets or so, pretty much all alliances were "war alliances." The basis for most of the early RoCK wars involved massive farming of enemy alliances which lead to higher networths. LaF in its early years warred for the same reason, to get more land for higher net.

Mehul screwed it all up by introducing diminishing returns because at that point war meant only sabotaging and destroying countries. He ended the incentive for netters to war with the introduction of DR.

You give netters a viable chance to get 100k or 150k acres through warring and they will be more opening to war if it also means they can win the game or get a top 10 finish.

Edited By: BlackMamba on Oct 19th 2010, 20:10:15
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit