Verified:

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 6th 2010, 17:38:44

breast cancer is treatable as well, they can remove the breast or sections of it.

But when push comes to shove I don't care about what is more easy to treat etc etc. If prostate cancer is so easy to treat, then why are so many men still dieing from it? i'm sure there are reasons such as lack of prevention, lack of check ups etc. But the statistic is still the statistic at the end of the day. The fact that it is easier to treat (if this is in fact the case) would make an argument for MORE attention being paid to it, as it is an issue that should be easier to resolve in order to obtain the LARGER benefits.

Its not as though I feel breast cancer isn't a serious issue, but I've always been perturbed (maybe even boarderline upset) over the disparity in campaining/awareness drives etc for breast cancer compared to prostate cancer.

Its the same as the whole "stop violence against women" or "women take back the night" campaigns... I will never support them simply because I feel peopel should be focusing those kind of efforts towards the reduction of violence against EVERYONE and not just women. Why are men more deserving of being victims of violence then women? Just like the in the cancer situation: More men are victims of violence than women are.. we don't we pay attention to that for once?

QED!

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on Oct 6th 2010, 17:54:26. Reason: fixed a couple typos
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit