Verified:

clintonista Game profile

Feb 2nd 2016, 22:15:28

My quote is directly from the war room help page. Go to war room, click on help.
It is an exact quote from the creators of the game.

The first two sentences of the quote xninja pulled up is all about attack and defend. Nothing about join a collective where no one can seriously damage your country and see if you can raise more money than anyone else. "Execute attack strategies", "command your country's military to attack", that is what is missing from the current rule set. Note that even in the quote xninja selected outpacing other economies is ranked fourth not first. The quote is essentially attack, defend, attack, net. Not our current net, net, net, defend.

drkprinc's argument against the current DR rules is yet another example of the rules being twisted to avoid warring but that is his point not mine.

I do not subscribe to the theory that net worth alone should determine the winner but that is a whole other issue. I have some distant memory of the mods and the G.O.A.T. discussing another formula but again that is another issue.
If these changes are implemented, the net worth of non GDI countries will become competitive.

I truly believe that my only motivation is to restore some of the excitement the game lost when it had to savagely contort GDI to stop the cheating. Remember that the current rule set is the product of people changing the rules. These rules are not set in stone.

Why am I so persistent? Because we have seen changes implemented because of suggestions to the forum; additions to the powers of the dictatorship, changes to bomb banks and raid food stores and the current rule against stealing tech from GDI countries spring immediately to mind but there are countless other examples.

I have no interest in hurting GDI members, none. I consider them the Junior Varsity. If they want to play Farmville, that is fine by me. Who wants to hurt the little guys, not me.

Note of course that Express GDI actually exponentially increases bottom feeding. The news is filled with one top team after another hitting small countries and I am as guilty of that as anyone but it is a function of the GDI restriction against double tapping. I can not risk hitting 35 twice so I will hit 35, then 36 and then 46. The guy below me hits 46 and then 55. Do you really think #46 cares whether he got double tapped or two different big guys hit him?

Xninja's statement that I am trying to make some advantage out of not being in GDI is exactly right.

My motivation is that the current GDI rules have placed a straight jacket on the entire server. GDI was never meant to replace warring with netting but that is what has occurred. I believe that by restoring some of the original balance we can break that straight jacket. Tourney does not have these GDI rules. I am no longer trying to change GDI, as I mentioned they are the necessary painful remnant of years of cheating. But I believe that having gotten the cheating under control we can now move to restore the original intent of the creators. I am not looking for individual combat in Express. I want the game to be a fun clash of armies struggling for supremacy not a business school test of netting strategies where warfare has been marginalized.
Simple as that.