Verified:

Hawkster Game profile

Jan 22nd 2016, 15:52:12

Originally posted by Jelly:

With so much gun violence and extremists in the US, I honestly thought he wouldn't even make it past the primary back in 2007.

for the record, I'm canadian,

Sigh

http://www.johnspens.net/...icide-trend1-1024x318.jpg [/quote]

1. Love how it doesn't show recent years
2. it's per 100k, not the actual amount
3. and these are probably reported numbers, doesn't include the gang violences
4. and it probably doesn't include police murdering citizens either

[/quote]
1. Recent years are easy enough to find, which still shows same downward trend as that graph up to 2014.
2. As already pointed out by others, yes to show Trends. Actual amount for latest year 2014 (that I am aware of anyway) shows total of 11,208 (0.43% of all US deaths) death due to homicide via firearms, which is still same downward trend from previous years as that graph showed.
3. I highly doubt that, since stats I looked at are all coded by Dx. The absolute Max possible it could be that firearms were related to the death diagnoses would be 33,636 (1.3%) of which 2/3 were diagnosed as Suicide. I guess one could debate lot of those were set up to look like suicide but were actually gang homicides. But all of that is still irrelevant, since you would have to go back to all prior years and attribute same thing to those years as well. End result would still reflect same thing, violence is steadily decreasing along with number of deaths due to violence.
4. You are finally correct about something, no it does not include those. That is total of 516 deaths, of which 467 were due to firearms. Feel free to add those to the 11,2k amount, will not change anything since 11.7k still would be less than years prior. You have just raised it up to total of 0.45% of all deaths Yipee!!!