Verified:

ssewellusmc

Jul 22nd 2015, 23:48:17

Originally posted by Atryn:

To me, the study reveals something that is statistically relevant - people "expect" a gun to provide more protection than it actually does. The reasons behind those statistics are numerous. And the benefit of increased "perceived" protection may be a benefit worth having. There are lots of studies on opinion vs. statistical reality that are shocking to people - like the propensity for shower/bathtub accidents usually surprises people, or the prevalence of bacteria on kitchen sponges.

These clowns jammed illegal carrying gun owners in the same category with legal concealed carry.... I would do that too if I wanted to skew the results too.

So combining people who sell drugs and live life like a complete animal is comparable to someone carrying a gun legally for self defense? Nope. But combining the two does help you point out a statistic when your conclusion is set before the study begins.

If you got the raw data, law abiding citizens were more than likely better carrying a gun for self defense than not. Chances are they won't publish raw data because it would disprove their assertion.

Eat it up... it was on cn and proves someone's agenda on why you should tell me how to protect myself.