Verified:

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 2nd 2014, 16:37:50

I am not victim blaming, and they are in fact victims of criminal activity; however, people need to be aware of these risks.

No network is truly secure (unless we are talking about the national defense network or something, though I imagine even that isn't completely secure) and as a result people should be aware or the risks of data theft and take the appropriate measures, especially people like this who know that such data (nude pics of them) is sought after data.

Yes what happened to them is wrong and they are victims. But it is wrong to break into my house as well, but that doesn't' mean I'm not going to lock my door or take precautions to minimize that risk in recognition that some people do break the law and break into people's homes.

In closing: we aware of the risks of leaving highly sensitive data on networked devices (including your personal phone, regarding of cloud services, as they are also insecure). Maybe it SHOULD be safe there, but it isn't. Be smart and protect yourself, minimize your odds of becoming a victim.