Verified:

dantzig Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 3:48:48

-Remove oil.
I support this change. Oil has been $30-50 this set which makes it meaningless. Fs should get another gov't bonus though.

-Countries start with 72 (0) turns maximum.
I also support this change. It hurts cashers a little but cash starts should be very weak.

-Changing around public market constants.
I DO NOT support most of these changes. Raising max sale % is fine but changing time on market, time to market, and recall turns will hurt indies, farmers and techers and help cashers. The time on market change is the biggest nerf to producers but the combo of all three is really nasty. REDUCING time on market to 4 hours or at least leaving it at 8 hours should be considered.

-The scores update will be every 15 minutes instead of every 5 minutes.
As long as this doesn't apply to search, I don't care about it.

-Increase starting resources.
Why do you need to mess with starting mechanics in addition to all of these other changes? It appears that this change would help cash and food starts and hurt all other types of starts. I'm sure you've done the statistical analysis and can confirm. This doesn't seem necessary.

-Decrease maximum daily spy ops to 100.
EXCELLENT IDEA!!! This will make it much more difficult for idiots to kill netters via spy ops alone.

-Minimum ally time will be 24 hours and sending foreign aid will be impossible.
Both make perfect sense.

-Reduce the "unable to drop land window" from 72 hours to 24 hours.
Not being able to drop land has never been a factor for me. Maybe my gameplay isn't advanced enough. I don't see a problem with this change.

-Declaring war will be removed.
Fine with me.

-Completely changing the GDI system.
A lot of digest here. Making GDI a turn 1 choice and reducing the cost to FREE would be more interesting but I think that I'm still in favor of these changes.

However, you've neglected to consider the biggest change needed to Express: reduce DRs for SS and PS! A few early grabs basically results in some countries having immunity to attacks for the rest of the set--they can then go crazy grabbing with little concern of retaliation. However, a country that plays nice and manages to avoid getting retal'd for most of the set is punished later by attacks hurting a lot more. DRs in Express should last for 4 hours, not 24 hours. That along with the GDI changes will make things MUCH more interesting.

Another fun change would be awarding bonus turns differently: 3 for staying logged out for 2.5 hours and 6 for staying logged out for 4 hours.

Thank you for realizing that something needs to be done to fix Express. The current version is best suited for idiots and saboteurs, not those who simply want to play a fast paced version of EE.

Edited By: dantzig on Aug 30th 2010, 3:50:50
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
FoG