Verified:

MauricXe Game profile

Aug 2nd 2014, 19:47:38

Originally posted by Viceroy:

False. You cannot legally be a member of both the Ku Klux Klan and the US Military.

If the government really wanted to ostracize a segment of the population for what they believed was archaic and seditious beliefs, they would find ways to do it. Presidents have threatened to stack the Supreme Court over less contentious matters (*cough*FDR*cough*).

This country has a deep belief in the constitutional idea of separation of church and state and freedom of religion.

There is no collection of politicians, that includes a local or national legislature, that would ever pass such a bill. for starters, it would outrage their constituents on both sides of the aisle. we already know conservative groups would be in a rage. i can guarantee that liberals would be up in arms as well.

one would be hard pressed to find any politician that personally believed it would be a good idea to pass such a mandate. moreover, these types of precedents can only hurt you later e.g. what happens if a local community tends towards Islam or perhaps a different version of Christianity?

even still, i don't believe the courts would support any such mandate. it would be one heck of argument against the constitution.

honestly, i think this argument is projection. most religious conservatives would force their religion of us if they could. one could argue they already have. now that the shoe is on the other foot, they are scared liberals are going to act like them.