Verified:

Mad Morticia Game profile

Aug 12th 2010, 0:56:27

Excellent post, popcorn.

I would remind you tho that there were many black marches in cities as they peacefully sought an equal chance to pursue the dream that the U.S. was founded on. Many of these marchers were attacked by the white law men with attack dogs, high powered fire hoses, etc.

So the marches are not new. I honestly wish tho that the gay rights marchers would do their cause a lot more good if they did not dress in such a bizarre way. Ditto to the public display of affection. And I would say the same to heterosexuals, some of whom care not what they dress like or behave like when with their "partners" for the moment. Am a bit old fashioned here and believe there is a time and a place for everything and over-the-top sexual behaviour should be confined to private places.

To reinforce popcorns' last remarks, none of the Founding Fathers were what we would call "religious" today. They were generally Deists or Unitarians, believing in some form of impersonal Providence but rejecting the divinity of Jesus and the absurdities of the Old and New testaments. They made themselves perfectly clear that religion and government should be completely separate for all time in their new country.

Most conservatives have forgotten this, that is if they ever knew it in the first place. The U.S. was to be a safe haven for people of any or no religion because these wise men lived in a time when religion bred conflict, intolerance and even death in many places. Instead they chose "e pluribus unum", one nation out of many different cultures and beliefs.

And here we are 300 years later, idolizing the Founding Fathers, their Constitution and Bill of Rights yet so many want to toss out their wisdom and substitute it for their own personal religious and ethical beliefs. This most certainly cannot be termed conservative but rather to the far right radical extremists.

Edited By: Mad Morticia on Aug 12th 2010, 1:02:19
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit