Verified:

Popcom Game profile

Aug 12th 2010, 0:12:08

I believe it was in 1959 the majority of U.S citizens voted NO on interracial marriage.
the supreme court overturned the law, and made it legal despite what the majority of the country wanted because they realized discrimination against someone based on some arbitrary thing they have no control over (where they were born, there skin colour, sexual orientation) was wrong, despite what most people at the time thought.

And no, homosexuality is not a "choice" like a lot bible thumping Christians claim will say, this is a proven fact (something most religions do not deal in mind you)

the U.S needs to look at other countries that are far ahead of them in human rights issues such as this, and realize that allowing gays the same freedoms as anyone else hasn't hurt there countries in the least, so why would the U.S suddenly fall apart?

I will say thou, that gay pride parades REALLY hurt there cause for equality.
when blacks were fighting for the same liberties everyone else took for granted you didn't see them acting that way. and they got what they deserved a lot easier. (I know not all people in gay pride parades act like complete freaks, and sexually disturbed individuals, but enough are that they dominate the scene)

Edited By: Popcom on Aug 12th 2010, 0:14:53
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~