Verified:

Hammer Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 2:30:26

rpottage1: well said, bro. Your last two paragraphs are right on target. The new players are expected to know the street rules.

isnam: That's the logic on FFA. The larger clans bully the solo countries or smaller clans. In your case, they farmed you, and then killed you because you stood up for yourself by retaliating the most effective way that you could against the larger numbers. Now, you are speaking out on the boards and getting chastised and again by a larger group.

My experience was similar. I played Earth a long time ago, knew it was dead, did not know EE existed until I stumbled upon the site. I created two countries in FFA since it is the only server in which you can run multies, and thought it would be the best place to test my old strategies to see what changes had been made. When the new primary game began, I would be back playing the game I had once loved a long time ago.

My countries were a few weeks old, had not attacked anyone, had no offense, and about 1 mil total nw between the two. Having the whopping 1 mil and no offensive power whatsoever, the largest clan on the server "thought" I was a suicider...a common paranoia on this server... so they killed both countries.

Like you, that was my fault, too, because I was untagged, didn't go to the board and announce myself...you know, all the things a new player is supposed to know as soon as he finds the site.

I thought the larger clans would be warring with each other or at least respectful towards a new guy since the clans are typically recruiting. If anyone was going to be a prick, I expected it would be some dude that started late as I did...not a clan of 100+.

I will say that the EE game function is much better than Earth was, and that there are some classy people on the boards and other servers that were not here when I played years ago. But, there is also a new breed of arrogance and group attacking, both in the game and on the boards, that places the game back in the 90's.

So, take note of who did what, wait a reset or two, and become a suicider since that is what they think of you anyway. When they poke fun at you for that, then do it again the next reset. You cannot kill of the 100+ members by yourself, but you can kill a few every damn reset until you get bored with it.

Edited By: Hammer on Jun 26th 2013, 2:49:17
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit