Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2013, 3:44:47

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
You're an idiot fazer.

Let's say there are 1000 players on EE (there are far less countries than that on any server). Each donates $5. Now EE has $5k.

That might pay salary for 2 people for 1 month. Cool beans! A big facebook/ios/android undertaking is something that would take several months.

If anything, no plunge will be taken unless the admins are willing to quit their jobs and take the plunge with their savings (it will be a gamble whether it will pay off), and I don't see this happening.

EE is barely in my top-5 of things I would dump my savings into and/or quit my job for :p
EE is a hobby and it used to be a cool testing ground for some web stuff. Just like Boxcar was before that :)

The likeliest scenario is that I take the money i have saved up from ad revenue + additional money as an investment (not looking for investors :p) and spend it on a new graphic design for the game with a professional (who I would know and approach IRL). The design would be responsive to devices and able to work with multiple resolutions/devices using a single codebase, allowing for streamlined development. Then I would build that + all the app wrappers (which would be much easier with the design being responsive) and qz would fix mechanics/back end stuff (which I'm not going to go into). i've posted on the staff board before about a content roadmap; qz also wants to integrate with the rest of the framework/site. With all the additional work and potential investment, we'd probably open up patron features to remove ads, get more countries in FFA, maybe a restart bonus, maybe I'll send you an autographed photo of Niels Bohr, i dunno....

Once that is complete, the game can relaunched. That is achievable as a hobby, but tbh this game has brought me far more annoyance than enjoyment over the last year and a half so I'm hesitant to do more than make posts from the periphery once in a while. :(

Edited By: Pang on May 6th 2013, 3:48:11
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com