Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2013, 2:06:03

I've said it a million times -- I'm not content putting it on Facebook or anything else until I think it's ready to take on new players because we only get one shot at it.

I don't think it's there yet. we lack documentation to get going on solo servers and the community for alliance servers have a VERY steep learning curve and SEVERE penalties for not following the "rules" to the letter of the unwritten law.

the design is very dated and the mechanics needs to be refined and in some places flat out fixed. additionally, the game needs to not just be a FB game, but also a cross-platform app that hits ios+android+bb platforms, which basically requires a redesign with multi-device support.

so that's what we need to do to get it to the point where I'll be happy enough with it to put it out there and start pushing it. we've been spending our time catering to the existing community, putting out fires or trying to optimize/refine the existing code. with qz and I being busy with work, zarc being so consistently busy he's never really ramped up and slag leaving we're left with limited progress on large, public-facing projects. qz did a nice rework of the backend framework, but that won't have any game-changing impact.

archaic is also right, fb games aren't the rage anymore. it's just about making games that can be played on (m)any platforms. btw, we just paid a significant hardware expense and here we are. we run this thing in the black without charging anyone a dime so we're better than Jolt! :p

Edited By: Pang on May 6th 2013, 2:08:38
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com