Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Dec 12th 2012, 4:50:46

Xinhuan, I have a question for you. I'm comparing a pure commie indy in Primary right now to a indy/farmer rainbow.

Food $50 = $55 after commission
Turret $117 = $105 after commission
Selling one turret can buy 1.914 bushels.
If you didn't have commission, that would be 2.34.

Turret production on one acre: 1.35 * 1.86 * 1.55 = 3.892
Bushel production on one acre: 5.3 * 2.2 = 11.66
Foregoing production of one turret can gain 2.996 bushels.

Part of this is the commission factor and part of it is just that food is currently more profitable than industries are right now. So let's look at the set average.

Bushel 40 = 44
Turret 128 = 115.2
If not for commissions, selling a turret buys 3.2 bushels, better than the 2.996 mark - indies still have had a better overall set than farmers. With commie commissions, selling one turret can buy 2.618 bushels on the average prices for this reset, not even taking into account that the final average price will probably be higher than 40.

Also not taking into account tech of course for which I'm just presuming nice numbers. To get a second tech, ag tech which in this case wouldn't ordinarily even be a secondary tech, it'd be empty and useless, to get it up to something near that would take a lot of tech points. I guess that's what really kills it. If you were leeching tech, though, hehe... Otherwise, well, you'd want about 575,000 ag tech, for about $1900/pt let's just say (who knows when exactly you're buying this stuff...), so that's $1,092,500,000 in tech. Not as much as I expected actually.

So, Xinhuan, my question is, how much money would the farms save?

Edited By: blid on Dec 12th 2012, 4:52:46
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.