Verified:

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 1:29:38

No Dragon, we're calling starstalker gregg....as it is gregg. his IP matches gregg's, as does LaE Recruiter's, and I suspect lincoln's as well. He's just so high and mighty, he thinks we're not bright enough to see through his sad little attempts at hiding his identity.

I'm quite happy to have you offer your opinion, as it's things like that that are healthy for the development of the game, just so long as you're doing it in a respectful manner, and not simply attempting to belittle others like gregg does. I really would like to know how you figure that grabbing is "bad behavior" though....here I always thought it was a very integrated part of game play, and to be expected if you're running a strat on an individual server that can be grabbed by larger countries running early growth strats. That may be a different story in servers where you can get some tag protection, but if you do it here, you're doing it at the risk of being grabbed...presumably in the interest of a much higher finish than those early growth strats anyways.

If you reread my post though, you'll see that I'm very much against "unlimited attacks" - at some point it DOES become appropriate to take matters into your own hand, as the grabber has gone from an effort to gain land to abusive actions (in my mind, this is more than 3, but I know everyone has their own definition). The question folks have to ask themselves is if it's really worth ruining someone's set to get even for 2 grabs that you'll likely be able to retal, and walk away with 2x the land, the next day instead of intentionally setting out to ruin someone's set. THAT is what Slag is referring to as childish, not AB'ing someone who is abusively grabbing you.

Yes gregg, I know you were hit 7x by "Nukevil smells like spring rain", which was formerly "Nukevil smells like a..."well, you know (I see everything that happens in this server so far as hits go)......which is why I suggested you just kill it, as that is overboard in grabbing and IS worthy of a stronger reaction that just retalling. We can sit and debate all day at what point that reaction actually becomes appropriate - but in your case I don't think there's much need for it.

Edited By: NOW3P on Jul 4th 2010, 1:35:37
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit