Verified:

lymz Game profile

Sep 1st 2012, 10:44:05

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
THE ONLY THING BOTH PARTIES CAN AGREE UPON - THE 2012 NDAA - GRANTS THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THE POWER TO ARREST, AND DETAIN INDEFINITELY WITHOUT TRIAL, AMERICAN CITIZENS WHO ARE MERELY SUSPECTED OF TIES TO TERRORIST GROUPS (AN INTENTIONALLY VAGUELY WORDED CLAUSE IN THE ACT): MORE PEOPLE WAKE UP!

I'm glad others are paying attention! No trial, no jury, no lawyer, just shipped off to a military prison (Gitmo style). That is the *POWER* they now wield. With the DHS definition that anyone who is suspicious of the central government, and loves their liberties, is deemed a terrorist. And the Republicans failed 4 times to add "removal of indefinite detention" into the party platform. Not that it seems to matter anymore; Boehner admitted no one reads the platform, and now they have the power to change it willy nilly.

I'm trying to bring this to the attention to the two state legislatures I'm closest to. I know our state passed a nullification against the NDAA for the citizens of the state of Arizona. We have Repub majority of our State House and State Senate, and our Repub Governor vetoed it (twice?). *sigh* -_- But with the grassroots bringing the attention to marines such as Staub, this is lifting the scales of their eyes, and HOPEFULLY they can see the WISDOM IN THE CONSTITUTION!

Edited By: lymz on Sep 1st 2012, 10:56:21
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit