Verified:

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Aug 28th 2012, 22:09:50

Originally posted by Klown:
Originally posted by Rockman:
Originally posted by trumper:
At this point, a viable third party still needs three things: a leader, money and organization. I would note, it's not impossible to do. But it is highly improbable, at least right now.

It may be possible with someone like a Bloomberg, but he would have to stake his fortune on it and he does not appear willing to do so. (Or he has polling data saying it won't work). It really wouldn't be too hard to generate interest. You would just run ads saying, "most of us can agree on a few key policy points, why can't our government? There is another way." Etc.

Don't forget they also need the ability to fight against those who write the law and are above the law.

For instance, the laws designed to fluff with third parties are so extreme that Mitt Romney is on the ballot illegally in Washington State. If Republicans weren't above the law, Gary Johnson would be on the ballot in more states than Mitt Romney is.

Care to post a source or some kind of support for this statement?

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/...n-state-libertarians.html

THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY IS SUING TO KEEP ROMNEY OFF THE BALLOT IN WASHINGTON, OVER A TECHNICALITY. WASHINGTON WENT TO A TOP-TWO PRIMARY SYSTEM SEVERAL YEARS AGO IN ORDER TO KEEP THIRD PARTIES OFF THE GENERAL ELECTION BALLOT FOR OFFICES OTHER THAN PRESIDENT . THE CRAFTERS OF THIS SYSTEM FAILED TO REALIZE THAT THIS WOULD CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR "MAJOR PARTY STATUS", WHICH WAS ALSO DESIGNED TO KEEP THIRD PARTIES OFF THE PRESIDENTIAL BALLOT ("MINOR PARTIES" MUST JUMP THROUGH MORE HOOPS TO GET A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE REPRESENTED IN WASHINGTON)

THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY IS TECHNICALLY RIGHT ON THE LAW IN THIS CASE. HOWEVER, THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! FEELS THAT THE CHOICE BY THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY TO TAKE THIS ACTION IS UNFORTUNATE. IT MAKES THEM LOOK PETTY, AND THE LAST THING THE LIBERTY MOVEMENT NEEDS IS MORE BAD PRESS. BESIDES, IT'S NOT LIKE THERE'S A CHANCE WASHINTON'S ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTES WILL GO TO ANYBODY OTHER THAN OBAMA ANYWAY. THE DEMOCRATS COULD PUT UP A HEROIN ADDICT FOR PRESIDENT AND HE OR SHE WOULD STILL CARRY WASHINGTON.

HA!

SAM
PUNDIT,
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

<i>EDIT: I SEE ROCKMAN BEAT ME TO THIS. PLEASE FOCUS MORE ON YOUR FUTILE ATTEMPTS TO KILL ME AND LESS ON POSTING, SO THAT I CAN SPEND MY REMAINING TURNS AND THEN GET SOME WORK DONE!</i>

Edited By: SAM_DANGER on Aug 28th 2012, 22:17:02. Reason: WE NEED NO REASON!
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit