Verified:

trumper Game profile

Aug 10th 2012, 18:00:47

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:

Facts are facts, and do not change based on ones personal beliefs. Either we are made of energy are we aren't, the correct answer doesn't change based on the believes of the individual.

Humans are NOT made of energy, no more than anything else is anyway (in the sense that our bodies can be converted to usable energy, burning our bodies will generate heat energy for example).

Our body converts calories and other elements into energy (heat, kinetic energy etc.) in order to function. If we cease to consume resources that our body is capable of converting into energy, we die.

Now that being said, this fact does not necessarily mean that a higher power doesn't exist, but it does lead me to believe that the concept of an afterlife is nothing more than humanities attempt to put its mind at ease regarding life's one great uncertainty: what happens after death. It puts our mind at ease to believe that our conscience carries on, it makes the idea of death less frightening.

But chances are the truth is far less convenient.

You say and then "we die," but you point to the body's construction made of mostly carbon-based building blocks. Wouldn't death then simply return "dust to dust" and be part of another living cycle, albeit not necessarily human life? Meaning, you're really defining live as what Syko is referring to as the 'soul' or our psychological construct, right? Otherwise there would be afterlife from the biological perspective you offered ;).

And Trife, you have given no credit to my lemonheads theory. I believe it to be right. It tastes good, therefore, it is.

Edited By: trumper on Aug 10th 2012, 18:07:21
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit