Verified:

Tigress Game profile

Jul 26th 2012, 7:18:13

Originally posted by Rockman:
Your comparison isn't quite accurate. You assume 218,353 agri tech points on the fascist (assuming 12.5k acres), but just 127,110 industrial tech points on the communist (also assuming 12.5k acres).

You're also not factoring in that a Communist will keep/use rather than sell a lot of its military (not sure on the exact percentage range), whereas a fascist uses under 5% of what it produces.

Also, a fascist will lose a portion of its food production to decay. Lastly, you didn't factor in the Fascist's tax revenue penalty, or the communism's indirect tax revenue boost of its increased tech effectiveness (which results in increased business and residential tech levels compared to other governments with the same amount of tech).

But most importantly, when a communism destock, it destocks by taking turns, and it gets a very high $/nw. Communism is a much slower destock, but much more efficient, too.

But the quick answer that you need is that a Fascist can properly mix oil rigs and farms, but they should not have industrial complexes for any purpose other than producing spies.

"a Communist will keep/use rather than sell a lot of its military"

I was actually counting on this fact.

The tech percentages are a huge hill to overcome. I doubt the country will be competitive against a commie.

Maybe a different way of asking the question would be:
As a comparison; with oil at the right price would a Fascist Oiler do better with indies or with farms?

If I'm doing the math right, and it is highly possible i am doing it wrong.

the break even point seems to be food at 30.89827728
taxes not included

selling food on the PM @ 35 turrets would need to be purchased @ $70 to match the 30.89827728 break even point (turret taxes being deducted from the food sell price)

or

selling bushels at $40 on the market would allow for purchasing turrets $112 with the same effect.

so , unless a farmer has a guaranteed supply of cheap turrets the indies should do better. It seems counter intuitive. I know there are other factors to consider i.e. the higher cost per turn and the additional 400-500 mil in tech needed. Unless the country replaces agri tech with indy tech in which case the additional tech expense is minimal at best.

----------------

hehe I'm trying to figure out a way to squeeze 20 mil out of an all-x fascist country on express... I could land grab and achieve it but then that would defeat the purpose or ignore a major piece of the set goal.

Edited By: Tigress on Jul 26th 2012, 7:20:30
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
Happy Hunting

Tigress