Verified:

Sifos Game profile

Apr 29th 2012, 10:54:24

Originally posted by Angel1:
Your home is your castle; you should be able to defend it.

And I guess if you're able to bypass laws in this little path of land you call your own, surely society shouldn't mind if you beat your wife in it, rape children or produce drugs in it. It's "your own castle", right?

I think being put in a situation should give one less punishment for commiting crimes like this, given the transgression of the burglars and the situation where you "have no where to run to". But in no way it should allow the owner to impose any level of violence as he or she see fit.

The man deserves an award for civic service (for teaching a person to not burglar), not a trip to jail.

"Teaching not to burglar", really? What kind of an ignorant stand is that? The burglar is a fluffing human beeing as well. Did it ever occur to you that the person doing this may be in a situation where you yourself would also turn to burglaring? No, you just rather comfortably but him in some bad guy generalization removing all those human rights you would normally give people.

And what about the owner? He stabbed a guy, right? We can't have people doing that. Someone ought to shoot him to teach him not to stab people. Perhaps you think that the guy that stabbed mrford should also get an award, since he taught mrford to not give people a beating resulting in a hospital visit?

After a burglar pepper sprays a homeowner in the eye, whatever comes next is solely the responsibility of that burglar. You do the crime, you pay the consequences (whatever they may be and whenever they may be). The homeowner did NOTHING wrong in this case. With regard to cases like this, grow up Europe...GROW UP!

Being pepper sprayed probably invoced a lot of stress yes. As I wrote above, the situation should give lower punishment than it normally would. But by pepper spraying it would seem to me that the burglars wanted not to hurt the owner, but to incapacitate, which clearly failed. The burglars at least prepared to try and lessen the violence involved in their crime. They wanted valuables, not blood on the hand. That can't be said for the owner. Would be interesting to know if the burglars retaliated, since it's not mentioned I would guess they did not, and if so I'd say the owner deserves harsher punishment, because stabbing someone is worse than commiting burglary in my book.

Originally posted by mrford:

I was drunk, leaving a bar in downtown Charlotte so I was not carrying, else there would of been two dead flufffluffs and that much less crime.

So you're either implying that you think that you have the right to pass death sentences on the fly, or that one double murder is somehow less serious than whatever those guys tried to do to you (rob you?).

Originally posted by mrford:
Not don't genome wrong, more times than not the rules against carrying while drinking are very good ones, but in my case they were not. Sure, no one was killed but I was fluffing stabbed for nothing dude. Trust me, I would of rather shot two criminals than get stabbed. Any day of the week. A punctured lung and cracked ribs are not pleasnt injuries to recover from.

From your point of view, yes. Most people not having any reasons to take sides would surely disagree though. It wasn't really "for nothing", since you were giving the guy his friend enough of a pounding to go to the hospital. In the same way that you escalated violence towards his friend, which I'm not blaming you for, he did to you. You hit the nail so well with your story for this debate. But not towards the stance that you argue. Violence can easily escalate. Higher restrictions is one way of lessen this. It's just too bad we can't restrict knifes and indeed fists and legs as well.

Originally posted by Pain:
we dont expect people who arent allowed to own guns to understand. you grew up being taught that guns are bad. i dont fault you for your ignorance.

Yep, and we pay for our ignorance with a far less risk of being killed or losing loved ones. Or wait...

Edited By: Sifos on Apr 29th 2012, 11:01:09
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!