Verified:

Mapleson Game profile

Mar 7th 2012, 17:09:02

[quote poster=Deerhunter; 15882; 289032]
Originally posted by Mapleson:

Reason- They do not have the ability to reach us in conventional ways to do any real harm to our infrastructure. The USA can be self sustaining. We are nearly the only 1st world country that can be. I know we choose not to but we could be.

Knowing the cost of a USA/China war i think and hope it never happens. For sure no good could come of it. If it happened i for sure see china also attacking Russia, if only for the bread basket it contains. Lots of food there.
First, China has ICCM (Inter-Contential Conventional Missiles) that could strike the US without going ballistic. Second, the US is no where near to self sustaining, espically in oil and petroleum by-products, such as jet fuel. China has strong connections with OPEC, the Middle East, and Africa. Finally, the US cannot afford their military budget without the trillions of Chinese dollars flooding in every year. I'm not saying the US couldn't win a war with China, but the world is much more dependant on the world's number two economy than you seem to allow for.

Edited By: Mapleson on Mar 7th 2012, 17:56:19. Reason: Fixed Quote
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit