Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 26th 2011, 15:07:54

Thunder, you must not remember correctly or, more likely, you have become someone who has selective memory, if that's your point about me.

First, I've been playing in PDM for a while now and have no affiliation with any of the alliances involved in this war, short of being a former member of SoL, LCN, LaF, SoF and NA and hosting the clan site for 3 of those folks.

But do you remember when SoL flamed me daily about posting my opinion about what was good for the game/server? When I was trying to get folks to agree to fight eachother in more arranged wars and create a better server for new players/struggling alliances, they were saying I shouldn't do anything and just let the server evolve/devolve on its own because it didn't go along with their way of playing.

I decided that it wasn't worth the effort to attempt to work with them any longer as they were clearly only caring about themselves , since they were more concerned about character assassination than the actual issues, so I just focused on my own stuff and let this server continue to devolve.

But the point I've been making about this war is that when you go around the server making everyone into your enemy for a year and a half you're eventually going to get bit in the ass. Whether or not you feel these alliances had a reason to be upset with SoL they were obviously upset enough to do something about it and wanted to make a statement.

When a netter gets hit because they pissed off SoL, SoL says "well what did you expect? you grabbed us more than anyone else, so war! Even though you have no turns saved and are running mainly all-x demo cashers!"
Well, the same thing happens in reverse -- piss off enough people by forcing them into wars and eventually they're going to stand up and do something about it. The thing that I don't get is why SoL needs to run to AT flooding the forum with anger filled spin posts when these alliances finally gave SoL what it claimed to have wanted: a difficult war against skilled opponents.
It just makes it look like SoL can dish it out, but can't take it. This is not the first time Maki's planning has left major holes and SoL and their allies got hosed for it.

Maybe if SoL had taken my advice and stopped trying to bully the server and instead looked out for its best interests they wouldn't have a line of people who were happy to hit them and their allies this round. Just sayin'...

Anyway, as an admin, I'd be much more inclined to 'do something' if 3 things were different:
1) The core of people who are complaining now didn't spend a year trying to perform character assassinations on me, as an admin, for my ingame politics and for having the same beliefs that they are now citing in their posts ("what you're doing isn't good for the game").
2) If I thought one reset of the tables being turned was bad for the game
3) If I thought that alliances who look to be on the losing side this round were looking to be in such bad shape they may fold because of it.

It doesn't make me feel good to see a lot of people having an unenjoyable round (if that is what is happening in some of those tags) but I also don't think it's all that bad when the political realm gets shaken up for 1 reset.

Also, if you don't get my Project Arcturus note reference then you are obviously not well informed about Project Arcturus. :)

Edited By: Pang on Jun 26th 2011, 16:07:51
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com