Verified:

Rockman Game profile

May 3rd 2011, 5:00:06

Right now, it takes very very few MBRs to overwhelm the market with troops and tanks. The supply of tanks & troops from a few reselling MBRs is just too much for many servers.

To make MBR more competitive, the PM regeneration rate should be reduced, and the effectiveness of military bases should be increased to compensate for this decrease in PM regeneration.

This would also make dropping your stockpile buy buying military only from your private market more difficult for countries, and thus encourage more usage of the public market when dropping stockpile. Rather than the predictable supply of military from your private market, one would be reliant upon a less predictable supply of military on the public market. Lengthening the destocking process for countries stockpiling and then switching to TMBR would be a positive change as it would increase their return on their stockpile due to cheaper military prices, but it would cost them more stockpiling time due to the increased time period needed to drop their stockpile.

Early set TMBR is a viable but difficult strategy, and the most difficult aspect is the lack of demand for troops and tanks and the exceedingly high networth per acre an early set TMBR has. Decreasing the PM replenishment rate would alleviate both of these difficulties, but without an increase in military base effectiveness, their income per acre would drop to the point of them not being competitive.

edit: [i]ran the numbers, altered the suggestion in the following paragraph accordingly[/i]
Cutting PM regeneration by 25%, and increasing the military base maximum cut in prices from 25% to 40% should keep them fairly balanced while making it more possible for a few people to play TMBR without overwhelming the server.

edit: how wrong I was on the math....
I'll have to do the math at some point to see if my off the top of my head estimate is correct, but the 50% cut in regen & 60% boost from 25 to 40 for building effectiveness seems about right to me.

Edited By: Rockman on May 3rd 2011, 15:08:16
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit