Verified:

lincoln

Feb 22nd 2011, 22:41:06

i do not accept your premise that the sole intent of any Lg player is to ruin the set of other players
there are players who do that but i am not heir advocate
dantzig once won a set by single tapping 39 separate countries
his intent was to maiximize NW through aggression not ruin others sets

i honestly and sincerely believe that we lose a lot of players who come looking for a war game because we cater to economic scenario players so heavily

yes i do honestly believe that

[quote poster=Pain; 7683; 131269]

basically what you are asking for is to make changes that even further benefit people whose sole intention is not to net, but to prevent others from doing such. if you are attacking people to acquire resources, then you should be required to afford to keep and use ALL the resources you gain. a person who wants to have land is forced to defend it or loose it, so why should you be able to take it and not have to defend it, meaning you have to acquire more spies and more tech, like everyone else.

/quote]
with the no drop land rule, i am merely asking for the restoration of the decades old rule. it is netters who have imposed their will through new rules on LGers
i do not accept your premise that it is impossible to LG as a netting strategy
dantzig has done it once and no one would call him someone whose sole intent is to ruin other people's games

all i am seeking is a rule-set that makes that possible more often than one every 60 sets.
all-xers are allowed to drop land at will, LGers are singled out for not being allowed to drop land (would that the 14th amendmet apllied here)
there is no intent to defend newly acquired land by a high tech LGer, none
so i am not sure what you mean by that statement
the no-drop-land rule was inserted for the express purpose of preventing LGers from gaining strength through aggression
the LGer's intent is to maximize NW by maximizing military units, you are aware that land size is a de minimis factor in calculating final NW
i am not seeking any defensive advantage for Lg countries, i would oppose any suggestion that they should receive defensive advantages
all-xers get defensive advantages which i do not like but i am not seeking the reverse
cashers are allowed to use the cash option as often as they choose, techers are allowed to use the tech button option as often as they choose, why is an LG strat player not allowed to maximize his strat?

i agree with your next statement, which is why i advocate for balancing the server

"war mongers can dictate how netters play..."
you are speaking on a micro level whereas the server balancing suggestions are macro
my point is that netters on a macro level have imposed a series of rules on the game that make netting through martial means inefficient
farmer-happy admins could impose a series of rules which make teching or cashing inefficient but that would be just as destructive
in fact it is so inefficient that some people can not even grasp the concept
all i am saying is return the natural efficiencies to LG as a netting strat
those artificial inefficiencies drive away players who might otherwise enjoy the game

my final thought for pain
until the day comes that there are servers where individual hosts can select the rule sets, i doubt if many will be able to understand the changes i propose
if that day ever arrives, i predict that the martial servers will be very popular and the allx servers will not.

warster, go back and look at every post i have ever made, every one.
i have never insulted anyone who did not insult me first.
if you ever find an instance where i did, post it and i will apologize to the offended party.

the admins have adopted 21 of my suggestions, so i think i know how to present cogent arguments to slagpit and qz. i have treated both with respect except when retalling some real or imagined slight or when slagpit is GS kills my country.

Edited By: lincoln on Feb 22nd 2011, 23:00:17
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
FoG