Verified:

lincoln

Feb 12th 2011, 14:49:52

hmmmm...

is it possible that people really do not understand how dropping land can benefit NW?
is it possible people have forgotten that this rule is less than a year old and was never part of the game?

i have talked about it until i am blue in the face

qz has acknowledged it a few months ago after lengthy discussion on the suggestions forum
if you want to see people other than me saying that dropping land can under certain conditions benefit your NW go read those threads
slagpit understood it before i ever came to EE

the reason for the rule is neither hypothetical nor theoretical
it was put in place because someone actually did it to qz in a clan server
qz came up with the rule to make sure it never happened again
not to create the "ethereal right of reclamation".

to demonstrate how it might have occurred

let us imagine an ffa 16 country techer that was self farming and consequently some countries had little defense but relied on the DR defense and a sizeable spy base
other countries had legitimate defenses
let us further imagine that this player one day could not get back to his country before DR expired and stock was exposed
let us finally imagine that you are a farmer who happened upon this player at a time when you had a decent spy base, 140% mil strat tech, 135% weapons tech and a small air force and 80 turns

now let's run the two scenarios
one with the Land Protection act of 2010
one without
to see why qz put the rule in and how it is able to prevent LGers from increasing their NW significantly

with the anti-LGer Land Protection Act
your first hit is a rousing success acquiring tens of millions in cash, tech and several hundred acres of land and many labs
your mil strat is reduced to 35% your spal by 24%
in fact you rec'd enough cash to replenish your lost jets

your second, third and fourth hits are slightly less rousing success
and your mil strat is further reduced, as is your weapons strat and your SPAL
you go to spy on the next country, your spy ops fail but you eventually get through, you hit that country a few times further reducing your tech and your air force
you now have a bunch of worthless labs quite a bit of empty land a low SPAL and not enough tech to help your air force beat the next country
qz's rule has successfully prevented you from accomplishing anything

now let us run the scenario the way earth2025 has been played for decades prior to the Land Protection act of 2010
your first hit is identical
you tear down the labs, drop the worthless land, use the stock acquired to grow your air force and tech and you are actually stronger in every way than before your first hit

repeat process again and again

as your air force gets larger and your mil strat and weapons caches grow, you can hit larger countries
repeat process, keep growing with each hit by dumping any land that does not help you

the only limit on your growth is how many turns you have

i can hear some miscreants now saying, " of course that is true in ffa, but this is express and there are no self farming clans"

no one can deny that there are plenty of underdefended countries in express. in express you can have 360 turns to run this process
that is why i say remove the shackles from LGers and let them play

there are countless other scenarios including people who have been ABed or BRed, people who have just destroyed their labs at the end of a tech phase prior to running a teched LGer, etc

those of you who alwys argue that the old rules ought to be preserved, i would just ask you to remember that all i am asking for is the old rule. This rule was created to prevent a clan server problem and just tacked on to express because of the notion that all servers ought to have close to the same rules.
there is no justification for this rule on express, let us restore the game to its pure form.

Edited By: lincoln on Feb 12th 2011, 15:40:43
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
FoG