Verified:

guochel Game profile

Mar 13th 2024, 0:48:16

update:

so basically, i am deep in my first and final teching/researching phase (i just spent 200-250 turns teching to 150k industrials, 50k business, and 50k residentials). i am about to switch to commy/indy. i have 3950 acres and i am about to raze all my labs (3694 to be exact) to industrial complexes. after that, i will batch explore to ~7500 after loading up on turns from the bonuses.

analysis of this approach to getting tech (teching instead of buying from market):
i don't think it's a bad approach. Because while i am teching at 3950 acres, i am getting about 1200 tech points. assumming that i could have sold this tech on the market, each tech point is 3500$ each. this translates to roughly 1150$/acre while teching/researching. This is a whopping difference compared to say... buying tech from the market as a farmer. if i were to buy tech from the market as a farmer with say 0 agricultural tech, i would be making around 200 dollars/acre from my 3694 acres of farms. same with commy/indy, i think.

so i would be getting much less tech if i were to buy it all from the market (with each tech point around 3500$ each at this stage of the round) as a farmer or an industrialist. The only bad thing about using teching/researching phase instead of just buying it all from the market as a farmer or industrialist is that while i'm teching, i'm not exploring. i just spent 250 turns teching, which could have been used to explore myself to around 8000 acres by now. 4000-5000 additional bonus acres as a farmer means that i would be making around relatively 500-600 dollars/acre as a 3950 acre farmer with 0 agricultural tech.