Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 21:59:05

Originally posted by BlackHole:
"Given the main reason that the non-talkative chill wardogs war is to get the boys together, have a couple beers and kill some countries, I think what you're suggesting just removes the main reason people war for the majority."

So Derrick, based on that I'm assuming that you're saying people wouldn't like the 'no kill runs' part of my comment?

I mean, that's fine.

There is literally NOTHING stopping people from doing a war just like they would have 6 months ago in 1A. The only difference is it needs to be an arranged and agreed upon war.

But nothing in your comment made it seem like anyone was warring others to grief. Like you said, they want to get the boys back together, drink some beers, and kill some countries.

So... do it? What is the problem?

We very often have. As was pointed out, some of the leaders have an actual gripe that's pushed the politics towards non-friendly terms of war. It's neither here nor there, but we're all at least aware we can war on those terms, should that be our collective desire.

You saying "this is how you should play" to people isn't going to make a good war happen. I've spent countless hours of my life arranging large scale wars, some of which fell apart. It's actually a challenge getting 60 or so people from 5 or so different tags all on the same page. Acting like an asshole until it exists is a good way to make it never happen. Shaking some hands and working your ass off to gain dozens of people's trust and executing according to planned needs someone who behaves very much the opposite of you.

The point now is, that people are dissatisfied with the meta, and no one wants to arrange around it in what is likely their last set. Most folks are just waiting this set to see if anything changes before they quit. We don't have interest in a friendly war rn.