Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2023, 20:39:44

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:
Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Originally posted by Gerdler:
Originally posted by DerrickICN:
You know what's funny to me? And maybe it's just this is the 70th time this has happened so I don't really really care, but fluff man. That PCI conversation is essential to me being able to teach casher as a strat. It's essentially "go by feel" right now because the PCI growth formula is actually lost, and only very elite players can compete with FFO on the one other strat that works currently as a result.

...Tl;dr the oil destock is a weak way to finish until the exponential expenses destroy every other way to gain NW.

Yeah I still believe expenses for 1 troop should go down the more you have, not exponentially increase. It penalizes netters for carrying defense, penalizes war dogs for building a good stock before a war or a big military, and makes oil destock as FFO the meta when in reality the nw/$ is kinda terrible.

I was extremely happy to see qzjul thinking about flipping it when he posted about no changes for this set. I'd legitimately consider netting that meta, assuming defenses are still required to play within the confines of netting. Amount of defense should still have some risk/reward to it, and I don't really vibe on the bot farming defenseless to a bazillion acres vibe. But strategy parity could be very cool with oil destock out as elite.

Holding defences isn't an issue at all, it's humanitarians that is the issue. Having defences pushes you out of NW range earlier, and makes gains smaller while in range. The other impacts of holding ~3M turrets are of no concern.
Of course. And that's why oil and hybrid destocking wouldn't totally disappear and they would still be competitive. The broken expenses formula is PART of why an MBR has never crossed 800m while FFOs regularly cross 1b, but there's also the fact that it can take days to destock as MBR whereas an oil destock is 6 turns. The low nw/$ is somewhat made up for by the extra days of production.

The main deterrent to destocking MBR is expenses tho, not that the bots aren't hearty enough to hit. It's also the main deterrent to running TTR -> Demo reseller and C/I. I get there's several reasons for running defenseless as a netter, including better gains and staying in bot range longer, but it's hardly the main reason running a defenseless FFO to 350k acres and then oil destocking is the only winning strat.

When I say "it encourages netters to carry defense," I think I'm mostly talking about netters being encouraged to run strats that carry and make income off military, like reseller, MBR and C/I.

To be clear, I'm not saying a 350k acre defenseless until oil destocked FFO shouldn't be competitive with play that takes more skill. I really think all strats should just be in balance.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 11th 2023, 20:47:53
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit