Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 15th 2023, 16:02:56

I was in a few war for fun clans in earth 2025. War for fun was a meta that goes as far back as the game. The problem is that the work the game needs only ever gets half done.

Like the get fat and win FFO meta we've been in since the advent of bots has needed an expense formula fix since its inception. Reversing the exponential growth of expenses would allow Resellers a higher record than 800m and C/I would go higher than 600m. The goalposts for those strats shouldn't be half a billion below the winner while bots control the market. And there's very simple fixes:
Originally posted by Gerdler:
Problem with indy in long servers is the expenses formula. Just change the way expenses scale with NW either to a higher divisor(2 minute effort) or make expenses inversely affected to by the log of NW or some such thing(might take 20 minutes).

-50% expenses as bonus don't really matter when expenses increase per unit increase 200-300% while jumping. It not only screws netting indy but it also ruins non-oil destocks in high turn servers, and punishes you for building a good country in war lol. :)

Current: Expenses ~ (1+NW/(2*10^8)), made sense I guess when NWs were lower.

Quick fix: Expenses ~ (1+NW/(5*10^8)) OR even (1+NW/(2*10^9)), would be a quick fix that more or less doesn't affect any server other than FFA and alliance(slightly primary, but it affects strats equally there).

Good fix: Expenses ~ 1/(0.2+ln(NW+1)/20), this would make expenses slightly higher than now below 5.3m NW and lower above that, which makes total sense at this point. Reward people for playing well, and don't punish them so hard for defending themselves.

So the community offers a solution for strategy parity and how to make the bot meta support all strats. And like 12 years later I still don't want to net 1a because I don't find get fattest farming bots as FFO or lose meta fun.

The same thing is occurring with Clan GDI. Rather than being a change that supports the community and promotes growth of all metas, it's being used as a band-aid for player complaints. And the band-aid tends to cause just as many problems that go unaddressed.

Again, there's a way to execute this in far less of a tone-deaf manner. Just like not fixing the expenses formula for a dozen years when the community is acutely aware it's necessary for strategy parity, this needs WAY MORE to be a successful change. I think you know that, but are choosing to ignore it out of bitterness or something.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 15th 2023, 16:28:11
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit