Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2023, 7:07:29

I do think, unfortunately, that none of that was helpful. It was just information farming because I wanted 11 year old tea and I'm super glad TC indulged me haha. That's all that happened.

None of that will help the fact that in LaF's prime, they did some things where you can just tell ex players to come back to kill LaF and they will. I was the warleader in a clan with Aardvark, BudsMyBud, MaryV, CrazyDave, etc. Some real top teir former HFAs and Presidents and stuff. We were called BSS and I think Buds named her countries after it right up until Bomber passed away (RIP legend) and she stopped being around as much. Funnest clan I've ever been in and we got done in by the old savage LaF.

I stuck around after that elders/laf war I was recruited back for 5 or 6 or 7 years ago (a decade away but I surely knew I wanted to kill LaF), and maybe even negotiated the long peace that followed because in this era I have a ton of friends there. But I'm also acutely aware of the power of recruitment fluffting on LaF has because their old politics/treatment of other clans. They were the reason a ton of us quit (including myself) in the first place years ago. 99.9% of that drama is over a decade old, and the rest is that Gerdler can be a bit brash. But it's difficult to argue with the power wanting to see LaF once and for all admit defeat and offer concessions to the every man of EE.

I think for most non-casuals, that's all they want to see. And I think LaF is in a position to offer that. 2:1 retals, stop harassing evo because martian been gone and if we have to give up 10 year old drama so do you, a big time Gerdler post about how he lost. Whatever it is, I think they'd do it. Our side wouldn't, however, be able to guarantee as tags, safety from people who specifically came back to kill LaF tho, and because the politics of that are an impasse, I think the war must continue. It's one thing to say GGs y'all got us, and another thing to say GGs, lemme go tell the 30 people who came back to the game to kill laf to fluff off. There's no exit strategy by either side, and the thought of one seems ridiculous atm. It would take some seriously good intentioned thinkers and no one is offering that.

If LaF made a formal plea for CF and admission of defeat publicly, I'd honor it personally, but I hardly play. I know some others tho that would honor it as well, for sure. But there's 0 chance every individual feels that way, and it seems doubtful our side would ever offer to clean up the ensuing mess. I think it's just total impasse atm.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 21st 2023, 8:08:51
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit