Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 24th 2012, 17:39:34

There is a petition to deport this guy from the US for his views on gun control. The petition filed by a US Citizen has obtained 31,000 plus signatures already.

The thing that pisses me off about this isn't that his opinion on the matter differs radically from mine, that's a right that he has just by being here. The petition makes claim that he has attacked the constitutional rights of Americans from his "bully pulpit" at CNN. What pisses me off is that he has this arrogant attitude about it.

If he wants to be cheeky about it and be a smart ass, perhaps he should go back to the UK where his brand of intellectualism is apparently all the rage.

Just sayin...
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 24th 2012, 18:46:35

can we deport the 31,000 also? they obviously don't believe in freedom of speech.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Dec 25th 2012, 13:31:12

gun control is going to drive me crazy... they say get rid of the guns to save people's lives because we can't trust them with guns. and i think that if i can't trust them with guns, why save them to begin with?

Fooglmog Game profile

Dec 25th 2012, 18:42:22

Dibs, that would make sense if people we can't trust with guns only killed themselves with them.

Kudos for pointing out that those wanting to deport piers for his views on the second ammendment are violating his first ammendment rights, though.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

braden Game profile

Dec 26th 2012, 5:33:47

well, that may be true, but they get to hold their opinion which you so disagree withbased off that same right.

i say we force him into scurvy, he's genetically prone to it, anyways.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 26th 2012, 16:43:39

When I was a kid, I was told to read the constitution of the United States, by my Grandfather. He was a WWII Veteran, and I respected the hell out of him. I made it my duty to read that sucker from front to back as many times as it took for me to understand it. When I was in school, they actually made us all memorize the preamble to it.

This was a good idea, they don't teach that anymore in American Schools. There are no more Civics Classes offered in American High Schools, thus these kids grow up not knowing what and how a democracy works.

People need to read and understand the constitution, or they'll be right back to living in the sort of Tyranny that existed previous to such a document.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 26th 2012, 16:45:30

Almost forgot a link to it. Sorry.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.pdf

BigRedDog

Dec 27th 2012, 17:16:54

Originally posted by Cerberus:
When I was a kid, I was told to read the constitution of the United States, by my Grandfather. He was a WWII Veteran, and I respected the hell out of him. I made it my duty to read that sucker from front to back as many times as it took for me to understand it. When I was in school, they actually made us all memorize the preamble to it.

This was a good idea, they don't teach that anymore in American Schools. There are no more Civics Classes offered in American High Schools, thus these kids grow up not knowing what and how a democracy works.

People need to read and understand the constitution, or they'll be right back to living in the sort of Tyranny that existed previous to such a document.

actually at least in my local highschool they still spend around a school year on civics...not enough imo btu at least they give a brief overview of it

Twain Game profile

Dec 28th 2012, 20:44:50

In Illinois, the law is that one year must be spent on U.S. History/U.S. Government.

Of course, many schools may not do enough of actual government there, but there is a requirement in there.

I've never seen his show, but Piers Morgan has always come across to me as a loud-mouthed idiot. However, it's completely ridiculous to suggest deporting someone for expressing an opinion.

Dec 29th 2012, 0:54:53

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
Dibs, that would make sense if people we can't trust with guns only killed themselves with them.

Kudos for pointing out that those wanting to deport piers for his views on the second ammendment are violating his first ammendment rights, though.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

only your friends can betray you because you don't trust your enemies. least not when it comes to having your best interests in mind. makes sense to me, but i might drink too much.

Oceana Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 11:50:12

but are you all ever going to go after him for his wire taping, phone hacking participation, please do, we will happily put him on a flight back to you

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 1st 2013, 1:42:08

The latest reports from CNN indicate that Piers Morgan is wanting to self-deport himself. That solves the problem nice and neatly, eh?

Jan 1st 2013, 15:40:01

does that mean that we have to keep the 31,000 screaming idiots?

PesT

Jan 3rd 2013, 16:27:09

UK doesnt want him back. There is a petition with some 8700 signatures to keep him in the US

"We want to keep Piers Morgan in the USA. There are two very good reasons for this. Firstly, the first amendment. Second and the more important point. No one in the UK wants him back. Actually there is a third. It will be hilarious to see how loads of angry Americans react."

http://m.guardian.co.uk/...tition-us-piers-morgan-uk